It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
(male)

652 HB User
Bloated after eating. Heart Racing! Help!

It started 2 months ago. I ate a huge mexican meal and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up with this crazy pressure in my stomach and chest. My heart was also beating out of my chest. I got really scared. I went to the hospital and over the next few weeks did all the tests. Heart is fine. Had Barium swallow upper GI - results were normal!!?? Over the last 2 months this has happened to me 5 TIMES!!! This is what happens: I eat a regular size meal and all of a sudden get this pressure like the food went nowhere and I have to burp - but can't! It doesn't go away and I have to fast for the next few days till it goes away otherwise any little food I eat brings more pressure and heart beating out of my chest. I just had an endoscopy done and am waiting to hear the results. I am afraid the doc is going to say it's normal. I think I may of heard him say this during the procedure(but I was knocked out) Sorry about the length of this, but I have lost almost 40 lbs in the last 2 months(used to weight 175, now 140 and am 5'9" male 32yrs old).
Please help. Any ideas? do I change my diet even more, go for more tests. Help. I used to love food, but haven't had a decent meal in 2 months!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Re: Bloated after eating. Heart Racing! Help!

I have the pounding heart when ever I eat or drink anything.
As soon as I eat or sometimes even just drink water it is like it is just sitting in my throat and won't go anywhere. Like its stuck you know.
I always have horrible bloating in my stomach and gas. I am constantly burping which doesn't do a bit of good. It feels better for like 2 seconds when I burp but thats it.
I have been battling stomach issues for over 2 years.
It started one night I had eaten a huge chicken salad and then I went back to doing my housework. I had bent over to plug in the vacuum and its like someone just took an airpump and filled my stomach up.
I had the horrible feeling for the rest of the night like I was going to choke to death and horrible gas, burping and I couldn't sleep.
That all started one night out of the blue for no reason. I never had stomach issues in my life before that.
Now other than the gas and bloating I'm either constipated and can't use the bathroom or have sudden bouts of diarreah that have me running to the bathroom.
I always have this burning, gnawing, raw feeling inside my stomach too that never goes away.
Sometimes my bm's are green colored which scared me too but I was told that could be a common symptom of my gallbladder acting up.
I've had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which came back colitis.
My doc has me on Prevacid which to me is like taking a tic tac because they are worthless and I've tried numerous other meds both prescription and over the counter which don't help either.
The last test I had done, my hida scan showed that my gallbladder was filling up too slowly. I also had an ultrasound done which there they couldn't even find my gallbladder, it had contracted up underneath my liver.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
(male)

652 HB User

That sounds just like my first night! I could eat anything at anytime before that. What a shame! I miss those days. Have you done a gastric emptying test? Some tell me that I might have motility issues - meaning my stomach, esophagus, or another organ are not emptying fast enough(or at all some times). I'm also on prevacid. My symptoms get better after about 10 days and then I eat another regular-sized meal and BAM! - back to eating nothing for days and nursing my way back to food for 10 days. Do you have this cycle? What do you eat? Or are your symptoms constant?

Old 09-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
(male)

652 HB User

By the way, I just had an endoscopy and will see the results next tue. I have a feeling he's going to tell me it was normal though. Do you think I should also get a colonoscopy?

Closed Thread