It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Dry Mouth - Reflux throat problems?

For those that have throat problems with the reflux have you noticed that your mouth is bone dry when you wake up in the morning or wake up late at night? I wonder if this could be the reason our throats and mouths get irritated. Lack of spit when sleeping. I use to sleep and wake up with a mouth full of salive, these days it's dry as a bone. No spit at all, not a drop. Anybody else notice that?

Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Dry Mouth - Reflux throat problems?

Just one more thing. Has anybody that gets LPR (sore throat caused by reflux) notice that when they catch a cold their throat isn't sore anymore? Whats that all about? Why would a cold make the sore throat go away? More here then meets the eye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

JOG1151 HB User

hi neddy...i actually am in the midst of a cold? sinus infection? allergy attack? currently(sorry I can't be more helpful) I'm still not sure where my nasal problems end and my LPR begins....it started last Wednesday.

I did notice a very dry mouth and sore throat in the morning at the beginning of my "illness" last week...and ever since. The sore throat was present for the few days of my illness...now I just get it in the morning, which tends to make me believe it is LPR related.

I have had sinus problems and post nasal drip problems over the years...but nothing like these past 2 episodes...when I was initially diagnosed with LPR/Silent Acid Reflux.

My mouth has been very dry...however I am taking an antihistimmine (sp?) cough medicine...which might be the culprit.

On the other hand...this LPR has the most ***ARRE Symptoms...and it seems like I have had them all...at one point or another the past 4/5 months.

My sore throat did not go away while I was really sick...I also had a 100 fever, so I'm thinking I probably had an upper respiratory infection, that is being exacerbated by the LPR...it is my understanding that excessive mucous is one of the symptoms of LPR.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

I had a simple cold when my LPR went away (for about a week). You probably have something a little more severe since you also have a fever which could bring about a regular sore throat. That along with LPR would probably make it worse then normal. I'm thinking this dry mouth in the morning may be caused by the Pepcid Complete.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
(male)

Sean II HB User

I ahve had LPR for about twenty years. About five years ago I had the flu and pretty severe upper respitory symptoms. Following that bout I dveloped numbness at the back of my throat that never resolved, very weird, my doctors think I am nuts. When I get a cold my throat is unbearable, I dvelop waterbrash really bad and have to constantly swallow or spit and I often gag to the point of dry heaves. In my case I have just the opposite reaction as you, so to speak. My thoat does not get sore but the saliva flows heavily, causing constant swallowing wich results in horrific heartburn to the point of nausea, the cold medicine (syrupy, sugary) contributes greatly...

Closed Thread