It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

Woodruff HB User
Can anyone take Vitamins?

My Chiropractor wants me to take the Vitamins he sells at his office, said there better then at a Drugstore because there are No Fillers. He gave me one's for Oseto-B plus. It has B vites, Calcium, Magnesium, Vite K, Vite C, Chrondition Sulfate, copper. You are suppose to take 3 a day. I took 1 so far & my throat is really burning & I keep on Burping. So my question is, anyone else have a problem with taking Vitamins & Minerals? If you can take them what kind agree with you?

I quit taking my Actonel because it was upseting my stomach.

Thanks, Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
Re: Can anyone take Vitamins?

I had a problem taking vitamins, the GNC Ultra Mega, made me sick to my stomach, even when I ate. I now just take Centrum, once a day, and works fine for me.

Last edited by cvoor; 07-31-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

I have to take seperate ones with no additives for various different health reasons. any vitamin that has dye in them (the coating) i have an allergic reaction to in the way of gastro distress.

ICC

Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I can't take any vitamin, I can however take Viactive and I drink Emer gen C and it doesn't bother me. I stopped my actonel for a month and my acid reflux didn't get any better so I went back on it, are you sure actonel is a problem? If you have osteoporosis like me and actonel is bothering you, then another one may work like fosomax or similar.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 AM   #5
(female)

IamNancy HB User

I take one-a-day vitamin and a Vitamin b6, calcium,zinc and magnesium supplement.. I do not take them on an empty stomach. I read on here about taking magnesium and how it helps GERD.. so I added it and I think it does help..

Old 01-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

I am taking Magnesium (Mg) mainly for the alleged benefits to the nervous system, since I kept having lots of reactions to the miniscule dosage and duration I took of Reglan. I kept suffering from it so thought I'd try the Mg to help my nervous system recover.

I also take a child's chewable multi-vitamin. I take it mainly for the beta-carotine (sp?) and the zinc, which I heard could be helpful for either GERD or gastroparesis or gastritis (heck, now I can't remember which it was for!). I like just having a flavorful chew instead of yet another pill I have to try to swallow. And they usually fulfill all the "daily requirements" for an adult.

I don't think either of these are hurting me (at least as far as GERD). I seem to have just as much or just as little trouble as I ever did. I'd certainly say I'm not worse for it.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

Woodruff HB User

Hi!
Thank you all for your answers. I guess I will just keep trying. The Actonel is for my bones & I heard recently that Bisphosphonates are bad to be on if you are having Dental work done like I go to a Neurosmuscler Dentist & he's trying to straighten out my jaw so I quit it for one of the reasons, also heard that taking alot of pills like Prevacid maybe make the hips bad, which my last Bone Density is worse from the last time. Actonel also gives me more Acid, even with the Prevacid.

Thanks again, Deb

Old 01-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
(female)

thyme2b HB User

I also had an alternative doctor recommend vitamins. They had Betaine HCl included to help you digest the vitamins. The only problem is HCl is hydrochloric Acid, which is not what people with GERD should be taking. He took back the vitamins for a refund. Many multis seem to have this added. It stirs up trouble for me, although some people with digestive problems take it.

Last edited by thyme2b; 01-16-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #9
(female)

needaremedy HB User

Target has their own brand which is what I take and I don't seem to have any trouble with it. Some brands really used to upset my stomach and make me nauseous.
Like a previous poster, I can't take them on an empty stomach.

Closed Thread