It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

bpblues HB User
Tight Throat? Reflux?

I just don't know. I've been on Nexium for a year now and just can't know if I actually have it. I don't have heartburn and I had a ph test and it was inconclusive. But the only symptom I have is TIGHT THROAT on occasion, like the throat is closing up on me. It doesn't but some say it could be acid reflux. The ENT noticed red throat, like reflux. Gastro doc did endoscopy and nothing found. He questions if it really is reflux. Seems like perhaps I get it if I'm not on Nexium. I think though that I am getting side effects from Nexium so I'm afraid to stay on it. Have had vision problems and menopause out of the blue (which I'm young 42 years old, not impossible but I think it's related possibly).

Just wondering how many of you have tight throat as only symptom.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
(female)

needaremedy HB User
Re: Tight Throat? Reflux?

Have you had your thyroid checked?
There was a period of time when, after I was diagnosed with GERD/LPR, that I still felt a tightness in my throat.
It turned out to be my thyroid...they did a blood test and an ultrasound and confirmed that I had an autoimmune disease with goiter.

Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
(male)

baldy_1812 HB User

hi im pretty much in the exact same boat as you, i dont experience heartburn only tight throat and sizzlings sensations in it. I had an endoscope that only showed a mild inflammation, i have just been refered to an ENT so dont know when ill be seen. Im on pariet 20mgs twice a day. Wat exactly did the ent say to u?

Old 01-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

bpblues HB User

Well, the ent said it could be redness from acid reflux or sinus. Oh thanks. Really conclusive.

Closed Thread