It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Problems swallowing solid foods. HELP!

Does anyone else get short of breath with dyspepsia or acid reflux? Whatever you want to call it. I started getting really short of breath my chest and throat will tighten up and it becomes very hard to breath.
I've had about 3 or 4 of these attacks happen to me since I've had stomach problems.
I had this happen for no reason out of the blue after taking my son to school on the way to taking him to school I noticed that my chest felt funny and I had a tense, tingly feeling in my back and on the way home I really started to gasp for breath.
Also my tongue and throat have really been drying out much more than normal lately. I wake up every morning and my mouth and throat are bone dry like sandpaper and the corners of my mouth is chapped.
The back of my throat is always bright red. I thought maybe that is from allergies though. I don't know.
Just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way with their dyspepsia and acid symptoms.
I also cannot eat solid foods, I haven't eaten a hamburger or pizza or anything solid like that in a couple of years, and I'm so scared now that my esophagus can't handle solid foods even if I tried now because its not used to solid foods going down. I mainly live on creamed soups, baked potatoes, puddings, cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, etc...Can someone live like that? I don't want to, I want to be able to eat a hamburger again someday.
I am scared I am 5'10 and weigh about 128 pounds. I want to gain back 10 pounds but I don't know how. I want to be able to eat. What is going on?
Does anyone have the fear of eating solid foods? I am so scared I'm going to choke if I try to eat solid foods. I ate a bowl of ice cream this morning with almonds in it and even the almonds seemed to get caught in my throat and I couldn't get them to go down.
For those of you who have had their esophagus stretched to fix this problem have you really noticed a difference? Does it really stretch it to allow foods to pass through okay?
I am so scared of dying now its overtaken my life. I don't want to die from food getting caught and choking to death because I can't get it unstuck, I'm afraid that if it gets stuck, and people have told me just throw it back up if it gets stuck that it will make it worse. But I don't want to die because I'm not eating what I should be.
I'm without insurance and I cannot get the medical help I need.
I would love to go see a naturopathic doctor to see if one could help me.
The prescription meds my gastroenterologist has thrown at me in the past have not helped, and some made my symptoms worse so I don't know what to do.
Can anyone relate to my situation? Please post, I'd love to hear from anyone with your feedback, advice, comments etc...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
(female)

snowflake11 HB User
Re: Problems swallowing solid foods. HELP!

i'm not a doctor so don't go just by my word, but from the sounds of it, you could probably benefit from having your esophagus dilated. you really should have a manometry test and a barium swallow evaluation to test for structural rings or other problems and let a good GI decide what to do. i feel bad you've been livng like this for so long. i would hope you could find a way to get the money to have this professionally evaluated. i'm not sure a naturopath could help much if its a structural problem.

Closed Thread