It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

Kellir HB User
can acid coming up in you throat cause swollen lymphnodes?

??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
(female)

Marie33 HB User
Re: can acid coming up in you throat cause swollen lymphnodes?

My mom has swollen lymph glands around her neck. I see this is an old post. If you can, please reply to this one and let me know if you found about the swollen glands. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

Marie33 HB User

Hi. My mom has swollen lymph glands in her neck. I see this is an old post. Can you reply to this one and tell me if you found out about the glands. Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
(female)

Kellir HB User

Hi. I havent found anything out about it yet. Im guessing your mom has reflux? I dont know but im guessing that acid could do that, I dont see why not. If anyone knows anything about this please reply, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
(female)

Ginger9909 HB User

Wow I was wondering this myself because this actually happened to me this week. I developed a sore throat only while sleeping which lead me to believe I had very bad GERD. Along with this I did have swollen glands which were on each side of my neck (now NOTHING i tried relieved the pain of this) I just had to suffer. Also on the sides of my breasts felt like the glands were also swollen. After many nights of this i finally went to the doctor and got a prescription to relieve the heartburn. I did mention this to my doctor but really didnt get an answer. So I would say yes now that you mention this also.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
(female)

Mills4 HB User

I Had The Same Thing!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

yes LPR causes lymph nodes to swell... Ihave tons of them.. but nothing to be alarmed about my GI said...

Old 03-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Yes. Anything that irritates or aggrevates the throat can cause such side effects.

MG

Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
(male)

gnznroses HB User

it's funny, i just now searched for a thread liek this to see if anyone else had posted new info on it. i've posted a couple times and have heard only froma couple others about the same thing. mine have been swollen for 2 1/2 years, especially right under my chin. mine bother me a lil bit all the time. certain ways i move my neck or just sometimes they'll hurt for no reason.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
(female)

Kellir HB User

Thanks for the responses everyone!! Hi Gnznroses! I have almost the same thing but mine havnt been swollen that long since ive only had reflux for a few months. I can turn my head certain ways and theyll hurt and sometimes theyll start hurting for no reason. I have one swollen behind my ear and thats the only one that I can actually feel thats swollen, but I do get pain on the other side of my neck and stuff but I dont seem to feel anything swollen on that side. The one behind my ear has been swollen for weeks now, its really annoying. I dont know if its the reflux( I have LPR) or if its my sinuses thats doing it but im pretty sure it would be my sinuses. Is anyone taking allergy meds?? Im going to start taking benadryl or something and see if it helps. Thanks again everyone, you have really eased my mind!!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
(female)

winterj HB User

does anyone know what makes these lymph nodes swell? Mine seem to do it off and on, and this is the second time this week...not sure what's different about today from yesterday that would cause this.

Closed Thread