It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

myohio HB User
Smile Does yout sternum hurt to touch?

I have a few probably stupid questions but i'dlike to set my mind at ease. Does anyone's sternum point at stomach hurt when yoiu touch it? I have been askng everyone, because mine does. Also for women, do you have more problems around that time of the month? Also sometimes I feel like a flutter in my throat, around the heart area like I had a palpatation and an annoying cough. Please just give me some peace of mind, I feel like this is controlling my life and I don't want it to! Thanks an advance for any comments!

The Following User Says Thank You to myohio For This Useful Post:
Katty1 (07-19-2012)
Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
(female)

PammyJ2006 HB User
Re: Does yout sternum hurt to touch?

myohio my sternum does get tender when my acid reflux acts up. So you are not alone Hope you fell better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
(male)

scott1360 HB User

I was wondering the same thing! My sternum does get sore as if I actually hurt the outside of it. Tender to the touch. Same thing with most of my chest area. It also feels uncomfortable, almost like dry skin, and my back hurts. All from reflux!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
(male)

Paulk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1360 View Post
I was wondering the same thing! My sternum does get sore as if I actually hurt the outside of it. Tender to the touch. Same thing with most of my chest area. It also feels uncomfortable, almost like dry skin, and my back hurts. All from reflux!!!
Scott same here. My sternum also is sore and tender to touch as well, goes down to the stomach area..
When pressed in the area at the bottom of the ribs it hurts..(both sides)
Also, my chest area feels uncomfortable like tingling and muscle pains also like dry skin, my upper area of my arms as well gets the tingling sensation. I got my heart tested and Stress test and Eco tests all came up normal. Had Endoscopy as well and all came up well, and Doc mentioned its Hiatal Hernia....I am on Nexium 40mg once a day now. Its all Acid Reflux I suppose...

Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
(male)

scott1360 HB User

Paul you described my exact symptoms. Ive actually been on Protonix for 4 years (well Ive switched between Nexium, Aciphex and Protonix) and it just stopped working. DId your doc say there is a way to fix the pain brought on by the hernia or just to reduce stomach acid?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
(male)

Paulk HB User

Scott, the Doc mentioned to be on Nexium for some more time. Did not mention much about acid reduction. I have another appt with GI sometime in April. But I am being careful with my diet.
Initially I was on Prolisec OTC once a day but if did not help much.
But the whole thing is depressing. Some days are normal and some days are really bad. I am going through the bad phase now. Keeps me wondering is there anything else wrong?
Hope we will get better. Keep posting all your updates and Good Luck.

Last edited by Paulk; 03-16-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
(male)

TLB50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulk View Post
Scott same here. My sternum also is sore and tender to touch as well, goes down to the stomach area..
When pressed in the area at the bottom of the ribs it hurts..(both sides)
Also, my chest area feels uncomfortable like tingling and muscle pains also like dry skin, my upper area of my arms as well gets the tingling sensation. I got my heart tested and Stress test and Eco tests all came up normal. Had Endoscopy as well and all came up well, and Doc mentioned its Hiatal Hernia....I am on Nexium 40mg once a day now. Its all Acid Reflux I suppose...
Bingo! Except in addition to my chest area feeling uncomfortable like tingling and muscle pains my chest also feels tight and sometimes short of breath. I have been on Protonix for over 1 year and it has helped alot. I had a stress test and everything was good. It still is scary when you have chest pain, etc.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
(male)

Paulk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB50 View Post
Bingo! Except in addition to my chest area feeling uncomfortable like tingling and muscle pains my chest also feels tight and sometimes short of breath. I have been on Protonix for over 1 year and it has helped alot. I had a stress test and everything was good. It still is scary when you have chest pain, etc.
TLB, I have shortness of breath as well. Also fullness in the ears, especially after a full meal.

Closed Thread