It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Question Any Luck with Prevacid?

HI, has anyone had any luck with prevacid??? I have been on almost everything else and now my doc wants me to try it coupled with Zantac.
I am reluctant, but will try anything. I have been off most of the meds for about 4 months, I have changed my diet and been trying many other things like digestive enzymes and DGL Licorice. They are helping me alot, but I can't get this thing cured, something always seems to cause a flare up after a couple of good weeks...
I want it gone (Is now asking for too much)
Thanks for the help
Crazy Life

Last edited by CrazyLife414; 03-28-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
(female)

judy88 HB User
Re: Any Luck with Prevacid?

you made a nice reply to my first post of yesterday- Thank You! Sorry to hear you are still hvaing problems. I envy that it sounds as though you have periods of relief- I hope I get there. I have rushed out and gotten DGL, digestive enzymes and probiotics. I was on Prevacid as I mentioned, and initally it did seem to work. From what I have been reading, often people don't respond to one PPI but then do to another. Hopefully Prevacid will be the miracle for you! Actually, hopefully, the miracle would be the problem would just go away, or be thoroughly manageable with less invasive meds. I have decided if the 'big gun'/scary meds worked, heck I'll take them. I just need to feel better! Best of luck to you! Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I was on Prilosec, Protonix for over 3 years, and Nexium. When my reflux kept getting worse, I went in for testing and had my reflux confirmed. About a year ago I was placed on Prevacid Solutabs 2x/day. This has been my "miracle" solution. I continue to watch my diet, but I rarely have bad flare-ups of symptoms.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Judy...the natural stuff really does help alot!!! I have been really lucky with them. I believe that the probiotics and the digestive enzymes are truly what makes the difference for me, so please do take them and watch your diet. The biggest problem is that I still have a problem figuring out what triggers me. Some days it is salsa and the next it is mashed potatoes and eating an entire jar of salsa doesn't phase me. My doc thinks that I am truly triggered by emotion. He thinks that stress and anxiety are my worst enemies and he believes that along with the enzymes and probiotics the prevacid can actually heal me..... Do I believe him......not sure, but I am willing to try. I don't think I will ever stop taking my enzymes and probiotics they really do make a difference.
Mountian Reader, thanks for your response, I believe that is what they want to put me on, the solutabs...
Blessings to you all-
Crazy

Closed Thread