It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

jamesmom430 HB User
3 days of pain

Is it normal to be in pain for 3 days straight? I had GERD 5 years ago and then had gastric bypass surgery. It went away, I had no problems. Back then when I had pain it was mostly at night and felt like really really bad heartburn that would come up in my throat. Now I've gained some weight back and suddenly have this pain in my chest, which is very uncomfortable and goes from a burning sensation to somewhat of a lump in my chest kind of feeling (no physical lump). I went to urgent care today and they said it seemed like GERD again. Is it normal to be in pain 3 days? If so he gave me some protonix, how long will it take for it to work so that I will have some relief?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User
Re: 3 days of pain

I have been taking PPI for 3 months and the pain is still there.. comes and goes this time.. but before I take the PPI my pain is een worse and just really wont giv me a rest! .. but it would stil be better to consult your doctor.. the med might not be working for you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
(male)

scott1360 HB User

well ive had chest/esophagus pain for 4 straight months so 3 days definitely seems possible

Old 03-31-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
(male)

superchef HB User
Thumbs down Re: 3 days of pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1360 View Post
well ive had chest/esophagus pain for 4 straight months so 3 days definitely seems possible
I was just starting to think that it was me, in the respect of constant suffering. Obviously others do too scott! Must admit i get fed up with it, but have to live with it.

Last edited by superchef; 03-31-2007 at 06:26 AM.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

I am honestly ready to give up... a single speck of good after just a day or two im back to zero again

Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User

Nine months of the symptoms you describe, constant, non-stop, day and night! I feel exhausted.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
(female)

jamesmom430 HB User

I really hope I didn't offend anyone with my question. I had no idea that the problems would last so long. I had acid reflux before, but it was never like this. It is exhausting. I feel worn out, I was really hoping that the medicine the doctor gave me would kick in, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. The pain is a little less, but it is still there.

I'm sorry for everyone who has to go through this. I wish there was some magic fix and we could all get over it.

Thank you for all of your replies.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User

I'm sure you didn't offend anyone. We are mad at our symptoms, not you!
Many of us had the same hopes for the medication as you did, but are still left hurting and confused. I didn't ever have heartburn or indigestion - stomach like a horse...then started with a small bubble feeling in my chest, which got worse each day. I now have the full list of gerd/lpr symptoms - most of which are constant. And I do mean constant/non-stop, as opposed to constantly/often.
Please keep posting and help us to find answers...
~Kim~

Old 05-15-2007, 03:01 AM   #9
(female)

suzanne07 HB User

have been suffering acid reflux now since october 06. had never experienced it before. had endoscopy and was told had hiatus hernia. been on nexium 40mg for 6 months now and has relieved acid somewhat but still have constant
reflux feeling. somedays its like something stuck in throat and other days just feels like some acid in throat. anyone else have these symptoms as its driving me mad

Old 05-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne07 View Post
have been suffering acid reflux now since october 06. had never experienced it before. had endoscopy and was told had hiatus hernia. been on nexium 40mg for 6 months now and has relieved acid somewhat but still have constant
reflux feeling. somedays its like something stuck in throat and other days just feels like some acid in throat. anyone else have these symptoms as its driving me mad
Yes hon, and it drives us mad too...Coming here to share helps a little...
Speak to your doc - maybe a different PPI (different result for different people) or still take Nexium and add Ranitidine/Zantac at night - this is what I take, and though not perfect, better for me.

Closed Thread