It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

raymae HB User
i have a question

can acid reflux cause an irritated throat, roof of mouth and tongue?
i have been suffering from lots of little pimples on the roof of my mouth and can also see them at the back of my throat, they are a red colour that inflame every now and again to a deeper red. on the back of my tongue i have the same pimples but coated in a whitish colour. i have been doctors and tested negative for oral thrush. i also occassionaly get a discomfort on swallowing which ranges from left middle and right side. and quite often my throat feels dry or rough.
i am curious to see if anyone actually diagnosed with a reflux problem has experienced this kind of thing. i do get heartburn quite often after eating, and i also have a mild pain on right shoulder which fingers crossed is no longer continuous anymore and is very occassional just lately. i have also experienced rib and sternum pain on occassion. would love to hear from some of you as to what you think.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

raymae HB User
Re: i have a question

anyone out there with some advice or similar problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

My throat is swollen and really sore but fortunately not in the roof of my mouth and tongue... Although I've read some postings before about people with GERD having white coated tongue ... justtry to search the previous postings ... have you tried using any mouth wash? sometimes too when our body is hot those tiny things would come out...

Old 04-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Raymae,

Well constant LPR or really bad Gerd can cause reflux at times al the way up in your sinus cavities. I would get a consultation with an ENT.. They will recognize it if it is LPR/Gerd and can get you started on meds and treat it if it is something else. From your symptoms I am guessing you are dealing with acid reflux.

I would also look into allergic triggers for you acid reflux. You might be eating something you are sensitive to and that will make everything worse and can cause topical irritation if it is a contact based allergen for you.

Sincerely, MG

Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

raymae HB User

thank you for your replys i am still having the same problems. i have recently started to rinse my mouth twice a day with cosodyl (i think thats how its spelt) pimples are not getting as inflamed and tongue looks a little better but i still feel its not taking the problem away.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
(male)

skypapi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymae View Post
can acid reflux cause an irritated throat, roof of mouth and tongue?
i have been suffering from lots of little pimples on the roof of my mouth and can also see them at the back of my throat, they are a red colour that inflame every now and again to a deeper red. on the back of my tongue i have the same pimples but coated in a whitish colour. i have been doctors and tested negative for oral thrush. i also occassionaly get a discomfort on swallowing which ranges from left middle and right side. and quite often my throat feels dry or rough.
i am curious to see if anyone actually diagnosed with a reflux problem has experienced this kind of thing. i do get heartburn quite often after eating, and i also have a mild pain on right shoulder which fingers crossed is no longer continuous anymore and is very occassional just lately. i have also experienced rib and sternum pain on occassion. would love to hear from some of you as to what you think.
Hello, You have described my symptoms EXACTLY. I have been going crazy with these symptoms for 4 years, believe it or not. All things point to Gerd but medication for acid reflux only helps relieve my symptoms a little. I have good days and bad days but it never goes away completely. Coated tongue, sore throat (moves around and includes roof of mouth.) The doctors feel that it's gerd combined with stress.

Closed Thread