It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Stomach burning and gnawing feeling

I have this constant burning, gnawing feeling in my stomach. Nothing helps it anymore and it never goes away. Its there from the time I wake up every morning to the time I go to sleep at night.
It used to help when I drank milk but now dairy products are making me sick.
I drink milk or eat ice cream which used to help with the burning but I get this raw very uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, especially around the area of my belly button when I eat dairy products.
I have basically been on a mush diet of soft foods for about a year now since I can't swallow solid foods anymore, I can't eat steak or a hamburger without choking. I can eat crackers, chips and solids like that but I usually stick to soft foods like cereal, cream of wheat, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese etc. and of course Boost and Ensure to make up for the vitamins I can't get.
Well now my stomach is contantly bloated, it rumbles and growls constantly for days at a time and I have horrible gas and always the feeling of needing to burp but I can't. I have waves of nausea that come along sometimes and I feel like any minute I could run to the bathroom and throw up although I never do.
What is going on with me? What does this sound like?
I can't see a doctor, no medical insurance. I take over the counter Mylanta which seems to help sometimes and hot tea makes my stomach feel better too. I think its the heat from the tea not the tea itself, I buy an organic ginger lemon tea thats really good.
I am terrified of throwing up and choking to death on my own vomit or the acid from my stomach burning my throat very badly when I throw up.
I am scared of this because if I have trouble swallowing the food, getting it to go down, won't I choke on it also coming back up? Can you choke on your own vomit if it gets stuck in your throat? Has this ever happened to anyone?
I am so frustrated and tired I just want this sickness to end.
I am a 33 year old female and this has been going on in total for about 3 years almost with no relief.
Please help someone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User
Re: Stomach burning and gnawing feeling

We are one and the same hamilton.. but u have to hang in there.... just try and relax yourself, most of the time the choking feeling is due to anxiety.. Iknow, I too am tired of people telling me its all in my mind or that its just anxiety, but even though thats not the real cause, it can aggraviate things... when u feel liek throaing up or bloated drink ginger tea with honey... not those instant things.. instead get a large piece of ginger and crush it boil and add soem honey... the stringer the ginger the better... it clears my throat, removes my bloating and rids me of nausea and the vomiting feeling... The gnawing feeling is most of the time due to ulcers in the stomach or intestines... alot of studies shows that ginger and specially honey is a good natural cure for them... But I still think you should see your doctor as soon as possible to prevent any complications... specially you have been suffering for sometime now... meanwhile try these natural remedies... also try to eat a spoon of honey eveyr morning and night... it really helps me a lot. Just hang in there ok? your not alone.. just last night I too am ready to give up.. but the next day always brings anew beginning...

Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Hamilton, I have been having the burnig gnawing pain above my belly button, I have it right now I get this everyday on and off but more o than off.
I have been having the same pain plus I get the pain under both ribs at the front!!

I had a Endoscopy last August and that showed inflammation of the duodenum, I was on 20mg Losec but the pain was still bad so for the last 2 months I have been on 40mg Losec a day and I am still having the pain and feeling sick.

I also have a underactive thyroid and early menopause and a frozen shoulder that is sending me mad with pain... I have been getting a lot of sore throats for the last 3 months too!!

Oh I hate all this pain, Its a nice day here in the UK today and I feel like crap.

I hope you get to the buttom of why you are having problems.

Have you had any teats??

chikkle where do I get ginger tea and honey, does it come together??

take care...Mandy... I feel for you hun!

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 04-02-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

There are instant ginger tea you can buy with honey.. but I find it doesnt work as well as the natural one.. and Iknow it may be psychological but there I feel my body feels cherished more if I prefer the thing myself anyways youc an just buy a big chunk of ginger in the produce department of your local grocery and honey I (i dont kow what section that is ) then boil a about a cup of water in a small pot. Crush about 1.5 to 2 inches of ginger thoroughly and add to the boiling water... lower the fire and let it simmer until the water reduce to about half a cup and turn the stove off... just pour in a cup and add about 2 spoons of honey... let it cool first before drinking...

Any honey will do.. but alot say that organic works better... after 2 sips.. my stomach already goes down and the bloating is almost gone... maybe you can take half a cup a day.. be careful as too much ginger tea also causes high blood pressure... taking the pure honey in the morning and at night is also a big help for me.

Closed Thread