It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User
Morning stomach aches and gas...need help

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem while I wait to see the doctor next week. I wake up with bad stomach ache and bad gas pains. This sometimes will wake me up a few hrs earlier then I normally would for work. This has been going on for about a month now. I have racked it up to the anxiety, but was wondering if there is any OTC that I can take for this to help reduce it and maybe be able to get a little more sleep or a more peaceful sleep.

To answer some possible questions:
- Don't eat a few hrs before sleep.
- Gave up spicy foods cause they were reacting bad with stomach and anxiety
- It does seem to get better as the day goes on. It is worse right when I wake up and for a few hrs. It basically makes it so i have skip breakfast or I will feel even worse if I eat.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User
Re: Morning stomach aches and gas...need help

Just for the stomacache and gas I take pepto bismol... I never wake up of tummy ache when I take it. I think it also works for acid... you might want to try it .. but if you can wait for the doc appointment I think its better so he ca give you proper meds..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Can I take Pepto before bed and it will work through the night? I thought about Pepcid Complete too. I just want something to help for the week before the doc. This waking up at 4am is starting to get real old

Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

ChaosAd,
I had gas issues.. so did my son (for children.. prevacid). We increased our dailly fiber and ate an apple a day at the PRN's suggestion. This seemed to make things better. Or our bodies just got over it.. not sure which.

I did gas x before dinner for a few nights early on, it helped some. It needs to be in the stomach to neutralize the gas before it forms.

Pepto can constipate you if you use it routinely... constipation will make matters worse.. much worse.

Best of luck.. gas is a real pain in .. you know where.
MG

Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Thx for the tips. It is really odd it is almost always just first thing in the morning and wakes me up. I haven't really gotten crazy with foods lately, in fact I seem to miss a lot of meals due to either not feeling good or complete lack of appetite. So not 100% sure if I went back to a regular eating schedule if it would also appear after meals.

I think i have lost 15 lbs in the past month and half. I'll take the weight loss, but it def isn't fun this way. It is a mix of anxiety and stomach hurting...though I'm sure the anxiety makes the stomach that much worse.

Closed Thread