It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Nausea now too???

Does anyone else have nasea on top of everything? If so what do you all do for it?

Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
(male)

miknan HB User
Re: Nausea now too???

I take Reglan 10mg, 30 minutes before eating and before I go to bed. It has a bad rap on here so I guess some people have had problems with it but for me it has been great. My nausea is gone and I don't think I have had any side effects. I have been suffering from insomnia but I don't know if the Reglan is the cause or not since I have suffered in the past. As long as I eat the way I know I should and take my meds, I feel normal again (finally).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
(male)

scott1360 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknan View Post
I take Reglan 10mg, 30 minutes before eating and before I go to bed. It has a bad rap on here so I guess some people have had problems with it but for me it has been great. My nausea is gone and I don't think I have had any side effects. I have been suffering from insomnia but I don't know if the Reglan is the cause or not since I have suffered in the past. As long as I eat the way I know I should and take my meds, I feel normal again (finally).
Hey Miknan. Did you take the Reglan for reflux and did it help for that? I tried Reglan but had some of the side effects so I stopped but my doc suggested I could try Domperidone which is only available in Canada/Europe. He said it works like Reglan but doesnt get into the brain.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
(male)

miknan HB User

Scott,

I think (but am not positive) that I was put on Reglan only for my nausea. I take Prilosec for my reflux. During my EGD he noticed a lot of bile in my stomach and thought if my stomach emptied faster it would be helpful. So far, he was right. No nausea for me as long as I take it. Last week I was on vacation and wasn't very good about taking my meds (or eating heatlhy and avoiding alcohol) and I was right back to where I started. I'm back on it now and feeling good.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I wish I could take REglan but I had a terrible side effect from it and there is no other drug that replaces it.
Well actually there is one donperidone but its not available int eh US of course!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
(male)

scott1360 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex12 View Post
I wish I could take REglan but I had a terrible side effect from it and there is no other drug that replaces it.
Well actually there is one donperidone but its not available int eh US of course!
Alex, if you feel comfortable with taking a non-fda approved drug you can ask your doctor about it. Many doctors in the US write a script for it and the patient can get it through online Canadian pharmacies. Not sure but I might try it.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks, I may do that.. I'm gonna start a thread to see if anyone has tried this drug.

Closed Thread