It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Nighttime Reflux

Has anybody found a position or anything to prevent nighttime reflux? I only get it when sleeping and everytime I think I have it beat I end up with a sore throat, burning tongue etc. 99.9% of my reflux comes at night, it is very rare I'll get it during the day these days, very rare. I'd even sleep like the elephant man if it would stop it at night. I'm getting worn out with this crap. There has to be some way to sleep to prevent it coming up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Nighttime Reflux

The studies show, sleeping on your side and in a slightly elevated angle is the best you can do position wise.. other than that you have to look at treating the cause of the reflux.. allergic postnasal drip, enflamed sinus turbonide membranes, a sleep disorder, food allergies.. etc. They all can aggrevate reflux.

Best of luck to you.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

Also I just read not to exercise 3 hours before bedtime, I've started to exercise around 9PM, that may be kicking the reflux up. I'll start doing it earlier.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
(male)

Timbrado HB User

why would you exercise so late? it's not effective...first thing in the morning is best, especially for reflux sufferers as the stomach is empty...

Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Excercising three hours before bed or late in the sfternoon helps those with sleep disorders sleep better.. also as a mother of young children. I can not excercise til after my child is sleeping and my husband is available to serve in over watch capacity.

MG

Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

I skipped the exercising last night and took a pepcid complete when I woke up like I always do around 3AM. Feel much better today, throat doesn't hurt and tongue doesnt' burn. Guess it was the exercise, will have to do it for now on after I get home from work and before dinner.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

I go running around 7pm and try to ly down to read around 10pm. Is that enough time between excerise and trying to sleep?

I would go earlier but with schedule and such that is pretty much the best time. Plus if I go earlier i have to go alone and if I wait till around 7 I get some ppl that go with me. Having ppl with me helps me clear my mind, have some good conversation that takes me my mind off problems, and of course keeps me motivated to exercise.

Last edited by ChaosAD; 04-05-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Closed Thread