It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

scott1360 HB User
Why the heck does water hurt??

Im so confused by all of my symptoms but I have a question if anyone has any insight. I understand that my chest pain/weird swallowing sensations are caused by my weakened LES as well as weakened perastalsis not clearing contents sufficiently however I cant understand why drinking water is so hard?! Sometimes it doesnt bother me but alot of times drinking water hurts as well. It doesnt really cause reflux but it feels weird in my chest. It would seem to me that drinking water would help the esophagus clearout anything that came back up and lessen the irritation? Anyone care to chime in?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Why the heck does water hurt??

Here's what I think is happening when swallowing water. When you have times of little reflux, drinking water is fine (I'm drinking it right now with no problem at all, I can drink it before sleeping, if I wakeup at night etc. without any problem at all) but if I am having problems with reflux I notice if I drink water over a period of time it makes my throat worse, I get gurgling noises, sore throat just from swallowing water. So I take it the reflux is causing inflammation of throat that is just making the water hard to swallow (why food goes down so easy I have no idea). Thats just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread