It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
It must have been stress

I have been doing fine with my reflux. It was at a level that was bearable. Very slight irritation to the throat, almost not noticable. In the past I would eat something really bad like chili, BBQ sauce(alot of it) and it would set it off(then improve after about a week). This time it went bad without any known food source setting if off. My throat is bothering me, my tongue burns, my stomach burns. Only thing I know of was I had some stress before it started, not alot but some. Problem is if a small amount of stress sets it off I'm in bad shape, can't go through life without any stress at all. I can beat the food cause but can't be 100% stress free, that is impossible. In that case my attempts to beat acid reflux are over, I will never beat it. Not sure where I go from here.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Re: It must have been stress

You know I had one good day this past week, which is a lot since I have been so bad for months...I was so happy because it had been so long that I felt like a normal person, breathing good without the throat tightness, without a lump, no burning etc... Last week I had a bit of a stomach virus and really didnt eat much but a few crackers and water. I think the fact that my throat rested and my esophagus didnt have much going on made the swelling and irritation less. Well I started eating normal again, well not normal but my usual no acid, no chocolate etc... And now Today I feel tightness in my throat again and the lump sensation coming back and my throat is burning...I just don't know what to do. I guess I can't eat anything.... It's just such a bad thing to live with , like you , we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.
So unless you become a monk somewhere in Tibet free of stress and if I just starve myself to death, we will continue to have this problem!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

Even though in my last post I said I was beat I refuse to give up (always have down days with this crap). This is my new plan (always a new plan I'm going to chew food completely and slowly, not eat after 7PM, no exercise after 7PM, drink a ton of water and increase fiber a little. Oh and will chew beeno and lactose pills with every meal (just in case). Hows that for a plan? Either this or I can start howling at the moon, both would probably have the same effect on the reflux.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

HAHAHA
Yeah, I like the howling at the moon plan myself!

Maybe I will try that plan along with you, we can see what happens. Do you have "tight throat" as I call it? Breathing symptoms? I have those 2 plus burning throat....

Well I will have to start tomorrow since it's now 8:00 and I just finished eating grapes and yogurt.....
I over did it yesterday at Easter dinner...Boy did I pay the price today, I feel like I have a golf ball in my throat.

Good Luck on the new plan!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

Hello Alex12, I have found out that I'm lactose intolerent. Not sure how or if that has any effect on acid reflux. Either way I'll try to avoid the lactose if I can. I currently have the golf ball feeling in throat, past few days before that I had a burning tongue and sensitive teeth though they both seem to have improved today. I'm pretty sure this reflux is caused by an inability to digest certain foods thats why those diets where you eat only easily digestable foods seem to help (though you are starving all the time). I'm hoping a combination of lactase and beeno will be enough to digest the hard to digest food. We'll see.

Closed Thread