It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Question For The Girls

Hi Girls !
Does anyone have worse GERD/LPR symptoms around and during your monthly cycle? I have to say that being in my 40s has really been "enlightening" to me!!! But the worst thing, is that a few days before, during and even sometimes a few days after my monthly cycle my GERD symptoms and anxiety levels skyrocket. I feel like I get on a great roll of feeling pretty good and then I get bad again and tracking it, I find that it totally correlates to my monthly cycle. Anyway, just wondered if anyone else notices this?
Look forward to hearing from you all!
Crazy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Re: Question For The Girls

When its that time of the month I do notice even more symptoms mainly because, like you said, I get higher anxiety during that time. Also I tend to have stomach issues (if you know what I mean) when I have my monthly, so that messes me up more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
(female)

tee-pee HB User

Oh yeah, i'am also in my 40s with IBS. I think the hormones play a big part in it. This topic just came up on the IBS board.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
(female)

mommyinVA HB User

I am in the middle of my cycle and I have had really bad stomach issues this month (I also have IBS which is mostly under control except during my cycle). I am in my 30's and know that hormones play a big part (I also get migraines during my cycle as well). Do you think this will improve after menopause?? Something to look forward to...maybe?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

I am in day 4 of my cycle, and today is a really bad one! My throat is on fire, my stomach hurts and it hurts for me to breath if I take a deep breath. I took a gulp of gaviscon, and it took an hour for it to work, but hasn't stopped burning in my throat. It always scares me and of course the anxiety that I get with my cycle makes it worse...I don't know if this is hormonal or not, but it doesn't make for a festive holiday weekend...

Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

I also am on my cycle and i woke up this morning with a burning/pressure feeling in my throat and i keep trying to convience myself this isnt cardiac related.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Confused..I agree, sometimes I think that it is my heart and it makes me crazy. I had a total cardiac workup last year and the doc said that my heart is fine, I need to exercise more, but otherwise I am healthy...... This is just crazy...

Old 04-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Crazylife, i also had a total cardic workup and was told everything looks great. I was told a few years ago that i have MVP but then told i dont so who knows. I go back to my cardio tommrow so i am asking for more test to make sure things are still ok. I woke up this morning and it doesnt hurt as bad as yesterday but my throat feels sore now but not like your normal sore throat. I hate worrying about my heart so much this has been going on for over a year now........ughhhh when will it ever end.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Happy Easter All!
Hi Confused! Same for me, but with all of the news about women and heart disease it doesn't help us at all, I second guess everything! I feel like I worry all of time about this stuff. It is really hard for me because I have 2 small children, a stressful job and my husband is NEVER home.
Mine is not as bad this morning either, I still feel some pain, but nothing like yesterday. I took my prevacid and ate part of a banana and will be on my way to all of the family gatherings where they will cook all of the things that I can't eat...
Anyway, let me know what your cardio doc says, take care and try and have a good day!!
Crazy

Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
(female)

deena123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLife414 View Post
Confused..I agree, sometimes I think that it is my heart and it makes me crazy. I had a total cardiac workup last year and the doc said that my heart is fine, I need to exercise more, but otherwise I am healthy...... This is just crazy...
i too always think there is something wrong with my heart.i went to two doctors who both told me my heart sounded fine.but sometimes i still think its my heart.so i have to keep on telling myself its not my heart.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User

Just curious as why you would think the burning is heart related?

Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

I also feel worse during, while having, and after having my period! And to top it all I have a very bad case of dysmenorrhea thats why it purely He** for me!! And I also feel like its my heart every time I feel some burning in my chest tummy area as it seem to radiate to the jaw, left arm and neck... something like what we assume to feel during heart attack... specialy when the burning is together with the chest flutters! Oh geez I just so writting with anxiety..

Closed Thread