It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Apple Cider Vinegar

I just bought a bottle of double strength Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I hope someone can help me here. I'm not brave enough to take it. I'm afraid my tummy will hurt, I'll end up like a curling worm on the bed!

How many spoon do you take? How many times a day?
Take with food or before food or after food?
Do you take with the Nexium or Tazac? Or don't have to take med anymore?
If still need to take med then take the ACV before that or after that or how far apart from the med?

I'm looking to get better because I saw so many people post here and said it (ACV) is good!

Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

I've never used ACV for Reflux but from what I've read on the net 1 tablespoon before a meal. You also want to use ACV that still contains Mother. It would seem that the use of ACV would only be benificial to someone who's acid levels were to low. I'm not sure how one should use the ACV along with meds that are prescribed to lower stomach acid. Hopefully someone who has had personal success using the ACV will chime in and share their experience. Best of Luck with the ACV, let us know how it works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
(male)

Riquelmy26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika View Post
I just bought a bottle of double strength Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I hope someone can help me here. I'm not brave enough to take it. I'm afraid my tummy will hurt, I'll end up like a curling worm on the bed!

How many spoon do you take? How many times a day?
Take with food or before food or after food?
Do you take with the Nexium or Tazac? Or don't have to take med anymore?
If still need to take med then take the ACV before that or after that or how far apart from the med?

I'm looking to get better because I saw so many people post here and said it (ACV) is good!

Thanks

I had surgery, took Protonix, well you name it, and still used to get the damned heartburn.
I started taking ACV with Mother about 4 months ago. Since then, my acid reflux has gotten a lot better.
You take 2 table spoons right after meals. Believe me, it works for me. I hope it does for you. No, it is not going to upset your stomache.
Good luck.
Read a book called,"Natural Cures". I will enlight you a bit more on the subject.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User

Riquelmy26, Did you start the ACV while you where still using the PPI meds?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
(male)

Riquelmy26 HB User
Talking Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red60 View Post
Riquelmy26, Did you start the ACV while you where still using the PPI meds?
Don't be affraid to stop the PPI meds. I stopped them completely. Look, I don't promise you it will cure you, but it will make you feel better. It did for me.
I have not taken a Zantac, Protonix, Malox or any of them in so long. All I do is take two tablespoons of the vinager after meals and I feel fine. I really hope it works for you. Or you can buy the acid in pills. They do the same work, except, that it takes longer to take effect.
Good luck

Old 04-11-2007, 03:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

"ACV that still contains Mother" What is this Mother means? Is that the cloudy part in the ACV?

My TCM practitioner told me that the ACV is different to the normal vinegar. I'm going to take one spoon now. I'll let you all know how is that go?

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
(female)

De Yone HB User

Riquelmy26
Where do you get the acid pills? Are they the same as ACV? I also have acid reflux every time I belch which is over 250 times a day! I've had this day 1 after I had my gallbladder out. I can't get rid of the belching. I belch just moving about. I belch 5 times after one swallow. I hope the ACV will help. I am on Zantac tho'-it keeps the acid lower. I take 2-150 mg. within the day. Never ever had any problems (except one attack with my gallbladder after eating a snickerdoodle, ha, ha) with my body before my gallbladder surgery. It's been over two years. I hope it works. I'll never give up. De Yone

Closed Thread