It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
throat/neck pressure

I dont know if this is acid reflux, gerd or a heart issue. I have had this happen before but today its lasted for about 14 hours. I woke up with this feeling of pressure in my throat like someone hit me in the front part of my neck. I have burped alot today and had some gas so i dont know whats going on. My throat feels kinda sore and i think my sinuses are acting up also i can feel alot of drainage. I read ( my mistake for looking up symptoms) that women can have pain and pressure in their throat during a heart attack so of couse me being a hypochondriac i think this is what is happening so i have been wanting to go to the ER all day to find out but they know i have issues with worrying about my heart already so i dont really want to go. Like i said i have felt this pressure before but its never lasted this long. I have not been told i have gerd or acid reflux and i havent eaten anything that i think would cause a flare up so im just worried, any thoughts??? I do not have any chest pain, i do have pains in my left arm but i have them all the time. I also feel very tired today, not really fatigued just feels like my eyes are soooooooooo tired and i can barely keep them open.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Re: throat/neck pressure

Try not to panic, even though it's the worse feeling it's part of reflux or LPR.
I have had that symptom for 6 months, and it's absolutely horrible! When it first started I put myself into panich attacks all day and visited the ER about 3 times thinking my throat was going close because it felt so tight and my breathing was bad. Just feel lucky that you don't have it all day everyday like osme of us. However it's always a good Idea to have your doctor look at it, I would suggest an ENT so he could look at your throat.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Thank you Alex for your words of wisdom. Yesterday was horrible it had never lasted all day like that and now this morning my throat is a little sore but not like your normal sore throat. I cant imagine what made it flare like that. I am definatly going to talk with my doctor about this. I see my cardio this week and my regular MD next week so i will ask about who they recommed to go see about this. I seriously thought it was my heart and i was headed off to the ER several times lastnite but talked myself out of all the trips. Coming to the board usually puts my mind at ease and lessens the anxiety........thank you!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

Confused its exactly what I felt for the past few weeks now... my head feels so heavy like its gonna fall! my eyes are so droopy and Im so drwosy all day! I feel like fi I fell a sleep i just wont wake up anymore... i dont have the usual pain of sinusitis thats why I am so scared and thinking of major brain problem... I also have some pinching pain on the side of my ehad going down to the neck.. i went to see a GP instead as my GI doesnt give a sibgle dam*! she said its sinusitis borought about by the acid that reached up to my throat... she gave me some swelling med and running nose med and with that I am also taking paracetmol for the pain... I also have major ear pain.. though when the gp looked inside she cannot see anything wrong withmy ear.. she sait the swelling could be inside th emiddle ear... that also causes the throat pain and the head pain... coz my throat also appears normal when she peaked in... so I took the meds toegtehr with my PPI.. it eased up a bit but still not totaly.. i went back to her and she gave me an allergy medicine.. i think that one worked well for me as I am feeling really well for days now sicne taking it..

Closed Thread