It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

Kipper3972 HB User
Unhappy eating problem!

My daughter hasn't eaten hardly anything in 7 days, and when she does she says she feels so full and like she could throw up even though it is just a grape or something.
I am so worried and earlier I made her eat 5 chips, just to make sure she keeps standing! :'[
I suggested taking her to the doctors but she refuses, saying she isn't ill and nothing is wrong with her.
If i cook her favourite meal she is really happy about it and I put it in front of her and she eats about 1 noodle because she says she is so full up.
I am extremely worried.
anyone know what this could be? :'(

Last edited by Kipper3972; 04-10-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Re: eating problem!

Hi
the first thing that comes to my mind is how old she is? Could she possibly have the start of an eating disorder? I had anorexia when I was younger and pretty much did the same thing. I was "never" hungry, or at least told people all the time I was full. I don't mean to scare you but just keep an eye out for little things like obviously not eating, drinking a lot of diet soda and coffee, sucking on mints, chewing lots of gum and of course weight loss.

Ok , on another note, has she thrown up. I recently had a long virus that lasted 6 days and felt like vomitting the whole time but didn't, just oculd not eat etc...

Good Luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

Kipper3972 HB User
Smile Re: eating problem!

she is 14 but she is quite happy with her weight. After reading your reply I asked her about it and she said she just felt ill, and she wasn't concerned about her weight. It might be a virus but she managed to eat a bowl of pasta earlier with lots of encouragement.
thanks for the advice x

Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

No problem... I notice youa re in the NY area, so am I and as I said I had this stomach bug that lasted much longer then usual...same thing, just could not eat.
I'm happy she's eating again

Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Hi, check on GASTROPARESIS (GP).

I don't want to scare you either. As you'll find if researching any GI problem, unfortunately many symptoms overlap.

However, easy "fullness" is classic GP, especially if your girl claims she gets full over just 1 noodle. Also the feeling of needing to vomit (NOT necessarily illness, though) simply because there's "too much". Nausea is classic in moderate GP because food sits too long and rots.

You might want to consider this. If she has been going a long time with this early satiety (I must say, 1 grape or noodle is extreme), I would see a doctor and suggest the GP (some have almost no clue about it unless they're gastroenterologists).

Old 04-22-2007, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

sherrie123 HB User

I am having simular problems with my daughter she had to be hospitalised 3 months ago and is still there. She has been diagnosed with chronic reflux, erosions of the stomach, delayed stomach emptying and still even with the medication she cannot eat. It all started of more or less the same way but over a period of 6 months she lost so much weight she went into shutdown. I'm sorry to scare u but please don't wait, get her to the doctors. How old is ur daughter?

Old 04-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
(female)

sherrie123 HB User

my daughter could eat bits and pieces when she was first admitted but now can't eat a thing with out projectile vomiting which lasts up to 3 hours at a time. Any ideas u guys?

Old 04-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User

Sherrie, how is your daughter now. What caused her symptoms to start.
I've been experiecing fullness as soon as I eat for 3 years now and during the first 6 months I lost a lot of weight.
I am basically living on mushy foods like mashed potatoes and cream of wheat, yogurt, etc..
I am scared and sick of living like this. I mean it has been 3 years.
Tonight I became very bloated and gassy after I ate just a little mashed potatoes.
I want to eat solid food again. I am so scared of this becoming so severe I'll have to be hopitalized.

Closed Thread