It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

bweber HB User
New here...HELP PLEASE!

Hey everyone,

This seems like a pretty cool site, and I couldn't help but join and post my situation. I'm 25 and for the past 10 years I have been diagnosed with GERD/Acid Reflux. I have been on 5 different meds and am currently on Nexium. It used to be fairly managable and occasionally I would get a flare up which would involve awful burping up of acid, nausea, and vomitting. I would start downing Pepto like it's water and popping tums or whatever else I could get my hands on. Relief would come a couple hours later. This has progressively happened more and more over the past year and am tired of feeling peachy one minute, and like mud the next. So I go to the Gastro doc and he wants to do an upper endoscopy and ultrasound along with now taking my nexium two times a day. Now the ultrasound just about killed me. The guy pressed so freakin hard I had bruises across my belly for days! But today I had the upper endoscopy and the nurse said I was only back for 5 minutes and my hubby said the doc consulted with him and said "well there is no inflamation and keep taking the nexium." Left the room and that is all I was left with. I am feeling very frustrated right now...thinking this doc didn't do a thorough job and he is telling me everything is peachy and keep doing what I am doing. This is affecting my everyday life. I can't deal with this. It kills me...I can't sleep and I have probs through the day as well. If anyone can provide any insight, I would so appreciate it. *gets on knees* PLEASE HELP if you have any information that you even slightly think may help....let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: New here...HELP PLEASE!

Have you been tested for allergies? You may be eating something that triggers the flare ups. That is my only suggestion. Allergies make acid reflux worse.

Sincerely. MG

Old 04-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

bweber HB User

No I haven't been but since my search for answers I have heard this several times. Must be something definitely worth checking into. Thank you!!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Mike In NY HB User

Have you ever considered a Probiotic? I have and it resolved the problem that I had with Acid Reflux. I take each morning after breakfast two capsules of NSI Probiotic 15-35 with NutraFlora. I continue to take it since it's so inexpensive. Look for it at your local health store. If they don't have it, they can order it. Give it a few weeks to work. Also, along with the capsules begin taking KEFIR (a cousin of the yogurt and a Probiotic) which is in the dairy case alongside of Yogurt.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
(female)

bweber HB User

Hey there,

No I hadn't even heard of a probiotic before you mentioned it! Had to ****** it to figure it out. Have you had any adverse reactions to taking this probiotic? I take several prescriptions....I wonder if they will interact?

Thanks for the info

Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Mike In NY HB User

Adverse effect? It cured Acid Reflux that troubled me for over a month. I'm suggesting you take the Probotic in lieu of medication and its side effects. I never went to a doctor knowing that it would be a waste of time and involve medication. I did my research and decided on an All Nautural Approach. I also used an all Natural Approach and lowered high cholesterol. I also used an all Natural Approach and lowered my blood pressure.

Last edited by Mike In NY; 04-12-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Closed Thread