It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

Shirley M HB User
Thumbs down Bone and Joint pain .

[B]I take Prilosec for LPR ! I have severe bone and joint pain,which has got much worse after taking Prilosec. Is it the Iron Deficiency or Calcium deficiency that causes the bone and joint pain? Does anyone else have the Joint and bone pain from PPI's ?
Shirley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #2
(female)

Ladybiker HB User
Re: Bone and Joint pain .

Interesting question, because I've noticed I seem to have some joint pain. I just started Prevacid about 5 days ago, because I'm having to take antibiotics for the H Pylori stomach infection. Doctor says I have to take the Prevacid also to help kill the infection. But as soon as I finish up the next 5 days of antibiotics, I'm coming off Prevacid. I don't have acid reflux or heartburn. I think it makes mine worse. I've noticed the slight chest pains have come back too - -and I attribute it to the Prevacid.

I will also admit I used to take Fosamax for about 6 years due to bone loss, but I had to quit taking it when I started having this GI problem. But fortunately my last couple of bone density tests showed that my bone loss has been replaced -- I give credit to the Fosamax for that. But I don't plan on going back on it either because of the GI problems.

anyway, so that means either it's the Prevacid or I may becoming deficient in calcium, etc., cause I haven't been taking it either.

So I didn't really answer your question, but thought I would put in my experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

I notice that since I've been taking Pepcid Complete for the past 6 months that my knees have been really bothering me. Coincidence? Who knows. Nothing makes sense with acid reflux.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
(female)

Shirley M HB User

Hi,No it is not a coincident that we have bone pain! The insert in the Prilosec prescription package warns of bone and joint pain but the OTC doesn't warn you about it.As soon as I stopped taking the Prilosec, the joint and bone pain was some better. The info that I read says that if you're calcium deficient, that you shouldn't take PPI'S. Due to intestinal problems I don't utilize the calcium that I eat in food(not allowed any dairy products) or supplements.So what should I do--become a cripple or get cancer in my larynx?
I also used Fosamax,until I read that it causes the eye site to get worse.
It seems that any drug has so many side effects that as soon as I take something,it effects me another way. I can't win for losing LOL
Anybody got any ideas? I hope so
Hugs Shirley

Last edited by Shirley M; 04-12-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
(female)

Olivette HB User

Hi does zantec fall into the same category as prilosec and prevacid? And also cause bone pain? thanks for any help.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Is Losec the same (prilosec) I am on Losec for inflammation of the duodenum.

I have been on them for over a year, I have joint pain, rib pain, I got a cold 6 weeks ago and for the last 3 weeks I now have sinus problems!!

I also do have a underactive thyroid!!

take caer ...Mandy

Closed Thread