It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
(male)

jj9500 HB User
Pain in chest with regurgitation - are these GERD symptoms?

Does anyone experience this? Usually after a meal. Last night I was doing homework with my son about an hour after I ate a lean cusine frozen meal (so nothing too high in fat, greasy etc). All of the sudden I get this oh so familiar pain in my upper stomach right underneath the breast area in the middle. It's a squeezing sensation that almost takes my breath away. It comes then subsides, then 1 minute later comes back. If I slightly bend over it brings up acid into my throat. I run to the bathromm bend over slightly into the toilet and acid and some food come up (I know .. sounds gross). Then, after about 20 minutes it goes away. Getting that "suff" out of my body seems to help some. What am I feeling? That pain, is that the esopogus having spasms. I'm assuming this is my GERD acting up? Recently I've noticed some skipped heartbeats, too. That drives me crazy. I came off of my perscription of Protonix about a month ago (took it for two months straight). Sounds like I should start it up again. Just checking to see if anyone has experienced this chest pressure then the regurgitation of food, and wondering if this is all GERD/Acid Reflux related. The skipped heartbeats, too. As that a symptom of the GERD/Acid Reflux? I've been on and off different PPIs for the last 4 years. Is there such a thing as taking them FOREVER? This is so frustrating. Had sress test, EKG, last year and all was fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

laurietrib HB User
Re: Pain in chest with regurgitation - are these GERD symptoms?

Sounds like it could be your gallbladder.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
(male)

jj9500 HB User

i had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago. i wonder if can still get "phanthom" gall bladder attackes without a gall bladder???

Old 04-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

It was years ago, but a relative of mine had "phantom" gall bladder attacks despite having his gallbladder removed years prior..he finally went in for exploratory surgery only to find out that the first dr never removed his gall bladder because it was in an odd position. (They actually showed the "removed" gallbladder to his wife.)

Hope this doesn't happen anymore, but I guess anything is possible.

Closed Thread