It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
(male)

enisei HB User
Could this be Acid Reflux? Help!

About 6 months ago i began having spouts of dry-heaving when i would run or jog and only then. As time progressed i noticed it would occur more and more often during any type of exercising, and when the temperature whether inside or outside was very cold, i also have these fits of dry-heaving. Nothing ever "comes up", its always dry-heaving and it occurs for about 5-10 seconds or so and then it passes.

6 months later it's gotten worse. it happens everytime i try to workout physically or when i run. It also occurs with cold weather/ temperatures very often. Besides this i have no other health issues to speak of and I really dont have any typical symptoms of acid reflux such as burning or any phlem.

When this dry-heaving occurs it's like i am gagging on a spoon although it feels like it starts in my stomach and works up very fast. I get a lot of watery salivia in my mouth when it happens but nothing else ever comes up, even if it happens after i eat. It's usually accompanied by a cough or so which i usually just let out anyway to cover up the actual dry-heave (as it's pretty embarassing).

I've had an ultra-sound, Upper Gastrointestinal, Lower Gastrointestinal, I've taken Domperione, tried an inhaler, and nothing seems to fix this issue.

Does anyone have ANY idea what it could possibly be? My GI doctor and regular doctor have honestly no idea what it is. Any suggestions or thoughts would help a lot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
(female)

greeneyed girl HB User
Re: Could this be Acid Reflux? Help!

Never heard of this, but I would keep trying to find out .Have they ran heart test on you ? not trying to say it could be but with it being worse in cold weather,just a suggestion...keep us posted...

Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enisei View Post
As time progressed i noticed it would occur more and more often during any type of exercising, and when the temperature whether inside or outside was very cold,

6 months later it's gotten worse. it happens everytime i try to workout physically or when i run. It also occurs with cold weather/ temperatures very often.

It's usually accompanied by a cough ...
Cold temperature or exercise induced asthma???? You might want to check with a pulmonologist.

Bsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 04-15-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
(male)

enisei HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyed girl View Post
Never heard of this, but I would keep trying to find out .Have they ran heart test on you ? not trying to say it could be but with it being worse in cold weather,just a suggestion...keep us posted...

I actually have a cardio heart test this week or next to see if they can find anything out. Ill let you know what results they come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
Cold temperature or exercise induced asthma???? You might want to check with a pulmonologist.

Bsheba

Yea my doctor mentioned this as a possiblity. As such he prescribed an inhaler for me but it has yet to help. I always thought asthma just blocked your airway so you couldnt breathe. I dont usually have an issue breathing except when im actually gagging of course, but other than the dry-heave, no breathing issue has ever come up. I did have anothe Dr. friend of mine advise that a pulmonologist may be able to find something, so thats the next step if the cardio doctor doesnt find anything. Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

Closed Thread