It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

fairydust7 HB User
started protonix... question

I started protonix last Thursday for acid reflux, I am not waking up with a dry irritated throat anymore or coughing at all. But about how long can it take for the sore throat feeling I still have to go away? I expected it to be immediate like my other symptoms, but can it take longer cause my throat needs to heal?

I forgot to mention, I also still have the feeling that there's something in my throat.

Last edited by fairydust7; 04-17-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
(male)

dallen4 HB User
Re: started protonix... question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust7 View Post
I started protonix last Thursday for acid reflux, I am not waking up with a dry irritated throat anymore or coughing at all. But about how long can it take for the sore throat feeling I still have to go away? I expected it to be immediate like my other symptoms, but can it take longer cause my throat needs to heal?

I forgot to mention, I also still have the feeling that there's something in my throat.
I changed from Nexium to Protonix 6 years ago. I've found after taking Protonix for 6 years that it works much better if you take it about an hour after you wake up. Protonix works great, as long as you take it on a Completely Empty stomach. If you have a small late night snack or a late dinner, then you may want to wait a little while after you wake up to take your Protonix....and then eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
(male)

dallen4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust7 View Post

I changed from Nexium to Protonix 6 years ago. I've found after taking Protonix for 6 years that it works much better if you take it about an hour after you wake up. Protonix works great, as long as you take it on a Completely Empty stomach. If you have a small late night snack or a late dinner, then you may want to wait a little while after you wake up to take your Protonix....and then eat. Also, it is much easier to take this pill with milk or another thick liquid. As far as the the sore throat concerns...in my opinion only..if your previous acid reflux medicine wasn't working completely....then you may still have some upper esophagus damage that hasn't healed yet. Has your doc diagnosed you with Barrett's Esophagus?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
(female)

fairydust7 HB User

I've been taking it in the evening, so maybe thats why then? Thanks for responding and answering my question!

Closed Thread