It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

Je23 HB User
*grumbles*

Okay. I am seriosuly getting sick of this. I have been on (what feels like) every imaginable GERD pill (which have either not worked or given me truly unpleasant side effects), have even tried over-the-counter stuff, drink Maalox and pepcid by the gallon (obviously an exaggeration here, but still, you get the point). Life-style changes haven't worked. It doesn't matter what I eat or what time of day it is. Some days, I don't notice it as much, but on the days I do...I feel like crud. Naseous, burny, regurgitate-y. Blech. I am currently recovering from a severe bout of Salmonella poisoning which my GI doc partially attibuted to my taking these powerful PPIs, which apparently hinder your stomach's ability to kill off harmful bacteria.

And I've had it up to here *makes motion accordingly with hand*. I suppose I could have worse things wrong with me, but the wear and tear (and the dreadful chest pain) is really...arrrrgh. And all my doc does is give me yet another pill to try or up my dosage. I've been through several...protonix, nexium, aciphex, prevacid, to name but a few. Enough with the pills already!!! I'm seriously considering going to a herbalist or someone.

Sorry, I just had to get that out.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User
Re: *grumbles*

If you're open to natural remedies, maybe do some research into apple cider vinegar. If you have low stomach acid naturally (which can cause a lot of digestive upsets), then making less acid isn't going to make things any better. Try taking 2 teaspoons of organic ACV along with 1 tsp of honey (local if you can get it) in a glass of water with every meal. Sip it through the meal. See if this helps. Sounds like, at this point, it can't do any harm.

I'm going to be trying this myself. Let us know how it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: *grumbles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxie63 View Post
If you have low stomach acid naturally (which can cause a lot of digestive upsets), then making less acid isn't going to make things any better.
I was made aware of this by a nutritionist on a public television program...it makes sense to me!

Bsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 04-18-2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread