It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
(female)

julesb HB User
Fundoplication Troubles

Hi all
My son had his Fundoplication op done 7 years ago he is 8 now, and i think having it done has giving him more trouble than the Reflux did!!.
He is unable to vomit when he is unwell and 9 times out of 10 ends up in hospital on drips when he gets a tummy bug. So now i have to make sure he is nowhere near anyone who may have a tummy bug and that the school have to call me if anyone in his class start to feel unwell so i can get him out.
When he is reaching to be sick he is in so much pain with it and i cant do anything to help him, and what really winds me up is when i have to call out the doctors at night it goes to a central pratice and when i say what he had done they have no clue to what im saying...and they are the GP'S !!!

Has anyone else had the same troubles? or would like some info on Fundo's please let me know
thanks for rading my rant

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: Fundoplication Troubles

I had this surgery done 3 months ago, and so far haven't had to try throwing up. But my mom had it done 25 years ago, and she said that the first time she tried to throw up, she couldn't. But as time went on, she just relaxed her muscles enough inside and was finally able to. My DR told me at one of my post-op visits that some people do find that they can't throw up at all. Hopefully that won't be me, cause I tend to throw up often when I get migraines and stuff. He did prescribe me a medication that works in helping you not to throw up. I haven't had to take it so far, but he said it works quite well, so maybe you could look into something like that. But when you are sick sometimes you can't take anything in. So maybe as he get's older he will be able to learn a way that he can stand or bend or something so he can throw up...not sure. Just hang in there though and sorry I couldn't be of more help. But I too might be one of those people who can't throw up...only time will tell!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 03:02 AM   #3
(female)

julesb HB User
Re: Fundoplication Troubles

Hiya
Thanks for the reply,
I will mention it to his doc next time he has a check up, fingers crossed you will be fine when you need to throw up, i guess all things have their pro's and con's and its a chance we have to take and when it comes to your kids health then you have no choice really just hope that it all works out fine,

jules

Closed Thread