It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Not taking anything for 7 days now

I've stopped taking my Pepcid Complete a week ago. For the first 4-5 days afterwards I had bad heartburn, I think caused by rebound but who knows. Now it's been 7 days, I'm pretty much back to where I was when I was taking the Pepcid, I have little heartburn during the day but I'm getting it when I sleep. No more or no less then when I was taking the Pepcid. It's also been 10 days since I've started exercising again. Jury is still out whether thats doing any good or not. Weird thing was, 2 days ago I had no heartburn at all, day or night. I wonder why that happens now and again. I think when people are saying they feel better and then worse on PPI's or H2's it's because they would have felt that way anyway. I think they have some use when you initially get GERD but over time I don't think they are helpful at all, especially after you know what bothers your reflux and what doesn't. After you figure out that then you need to work on figuring out why you have reflux in the first place. A quest for the Holy Grail for me. But when I do find out I'm taking the best and most expensive vacation I've ever taken.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: Not taking anything for 7 days now

Hang in there we're all rooting for you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

snowflake11 HB User
Re: Not taking anything for 7 days now

neddy - i always get a kick out of you!

about that vacation -

1) why wait? take it now - maybe the answer to the reflux question will be found at the place you'll go to.

2) it sounds like fun either way - can i come???

Closed Thread