It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

Nancydogs HB User
sick for 7 weeks

I don't know where to start but I feel better after reading some threads. I was diagnosed with GERD about 3 years ago. When the Dr. first diagnosed me and told me this was related to my stomach I did not believe him. Of course the medicine he put me on made me feel better. Once I felt better I stopped the med. I do not drink coffee and try not to eat chocolate!!
After not feeling symptoms to extreme for so long I guess I forgot what it felt like. I started feeling sick 7 weeks ago. I was done eating dinner and all of a sudden I felt weird. Left side of my cheek felt knumb and I just did not feel right thru my whole body. First Dr. said it was anxiety, 2nd trip I told her that I am under less stress now than ever in my life. I also realized that some of the tea I was drinking had caffeine and this feeling in my face has happened before from caffeine. Here I thought that just stopping the tea would make me feel better after a while. Well it did not, things got worse. I have been in and out of Dr.s office, off and on the phone freaking out, and in the emergency room. Good thing I have a very understanding boyfriend. The emergency trip was for something I never experienced. My whole body felt jittery/chilled to the point of not being able to sleep. When I jumped out of bed it stopped. I never have problems sleeping.The dr. said my symptoms did not make sense and scheduled me for an MRI. (after a cat scan and EKG that was normal). Saturday while I was at work I started thinking about everything as a whole, deep pain in my chest, not being able to take a full deep breath, whole body rushes, knumb feeling around my sinus, and not sure how to explain this feeling around my face (eyes, mouth, sometimes neck) and of course diarrhea. I realized this was probably from my GERD since I have some of the same symptoms as b4. I started taking my medicine again and hope to feel normal soon. I have been so stressed, cry all the time, and thought I was going to die. I have said so many times "I'm not crazy and I know what I'm feeling".
I'll let you all know how it goes.
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: sick for 7 weeks

I know GERD can give you some weird symptoms that don't sound like stomach problems. Most doctors don't know what to do. If your meds worked before they should hopefully work now. Hope all goes well for you!!

Closed Thread