It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

vctora07 HB User
lower rib pain

i have some acid reflux and maybe IBS, not sure. i've been having this pain in my lower left rib cage it hurts pretty good sometimes and it carries up into my upper left side where my heart it it feels like i'm gonna have a heart attack, has anyone had this? i get the pain right above my heart even when the lower pain isnt there, i usually get both pains in the same day though.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
(female)

timwendi HB User
Unhappy Re: lower rib pain

Yes I am experiencing the same thing. My left lower rib area is also swollen. I just had an endoscopy done that showed gastritis and a sliding hiatal hernia. I am uncomfortable most of the time. I hope I get this under control soon and get my life back. My rib area hurts when lying down,it also is bothered by my bra band.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: lower rib pain

I get the same pain, under the ribs and above or through the breast. I was dxed with costochrondrtis, inflamation of the rib cage. My Dr. recently said I have acid reflux from my symtons, have not had a EGD done as of yet. Now I am wondering what this pain is from. I have it almost everyday day sometimes both left and right sides.

Do you get sore spots in the pain areas with this. I do and also get sharp shooting pains that are really quick, but hurt. I also have fibromyalgia and the wonderful IBS.

I have posted on this board 4 times and have yet to receive one reply.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 04-30-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

My pain is similar, but it doesn't shoot...it just hurts under the rib cage and then on the left above my heart and below my actual shoulder area. Scares you sometimes. Mine also goes into my back. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that I have classic symptoms of GERD and wants to scope me, but can't until June. I just want to feel better. I have been on prevacid and it has been helping as well as I have been drinking DanActive everyday. The problem is that it helps until I have a day like today, I really am stressed and ate TacoBell...Man was that a stupid move on my part, I am suffereing like crazy because of my mistake....
Anyway, take care!!!
Crazy

Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
(female)

misslolo27 HB User

hey I have rib pains as well, when I eat certain foods like mcdonalads or really unhealthy foods, also when I drink any pop drinks i get this pain in my left rib area and it is uncomfortable when I sit or slouch and one rib sticks out more on my left side than my right:S what does this mean?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
(female)

timwendi HB User

It is really uncomfortable at times. My bra band irritates it and if I slouch while at my desk. If I push on that area it feels sore. I recently had breast reduction (November 21,2006) and thought it may be a side effect of that. My Dr. is not sure of the cause. If it doesn't go away soon I'm going to get chest xrays done. I have had a CAT Scan and that didn't really show much. I had an endoscopy done and that showed a hiatal hernia and gastritis. I hope we all get the answers we are looking for real soon. This site has been very helpful !

Closed Thread