It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
(male)

miknan HB User
PPI's not working?

Use to have very severe reflux. Lost weight, ate better, took my PPI's and almost all my symptoms are gone except occasional chest pain. With heart problems ruled out, does this mean I am still having acid reflux despite taking my PPI's? I was diagnosed a few months ago with Barrett's Esophagus and I am very scared of any further damage and progression of my disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #2
(female)

Laura51 HB User
Re: PPI's not working?

What is Barrett's esophagus? It sounds like you may still have reflux problems. Please check with your Dr. ASAP. It isn't anything to mess with. Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
(male)

miknan HB User
Re: PPI's not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura51 View Post
What is Barrett's esophagus? It sounds like you may still have reflux problems. Please check with your Dr. ASAP. It isn't anything to mess with. Good luck!!!
Laura,
Barrett's Esophagus is when the esophagus is so damaged that the normal cells of the esophagus change to the type of cells of the stomach or intestine. It does this so it can protect itself from the stomach acid. This is what can happen if GERD is left untreated. I ignored my symptoms for years because I was an idiot who wouldn't go to the doctor. It isn't cancer itself but increases the chance I coud get esophageal cancer although they say that only happens to a small percentage. I will have to have EDG's for the rest of my life to make sure it doesn't progress and it is very stressful although I am getting use to it now.

Closed Thread