It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Could someone answer my ???

My DR. dxed me with gerd but I have not had a EGD as of yet. I do get a lot of burping, some heart burn and reguratation.

I get these waves of pain, not hard but enough to notice, they are quick. They start along the bottom of my ribs and go up through the breasts, sometimes through the center chest. I had some earlier today and they were at the bottom of the ribs and went through the center chest, you could feel where this wave started. All I ate today was an English muffin and I am so bloated, I do not know how to sit. Is this part of gerd. I always seem to be very gassy in my stomach. I get severe pain in under my ribs at times also, sometimes this crap is only left sided sometimes boh sides.

I had my gall bladder rmoved years ago and get an echo yearly for mitral ruguatation. I am on a 3 year period for colonostopies and have diverticulous. I am due in the beginning of next year. I also have fibromyalgia and IBS, but this gas, bloating is in the stomach, plus these waves seem to start there.

My Dr. was a pharmacist befor becoming a DR. she wants me to try otc meds, like gas x or malox. I am taking malox max and it does seem to help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User
Re: Could someone answer my ???

Hi, Along with all the other stuff that I moan about in my posts I also get pain that I descibe as 'electric' or 'chest colic' often under ribs, or base of throat, but worse under left breast and into arm-pit...takes breath away sometimes...I can sort of imagine painful static around my heart. We sure get some weird sensations with digestive stuff. Pain seems to refer anywhere, from any organ. I can see why they speak of atypical gerd...but around here it seems to be pretty typical to have all this fun going on
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread