It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

jpeder04 HB User
Question I'm new to this - question about Protonix

Hi - About a month ago, I began experiencing weird symptoms - a little bit of heartburn, feeling full fast, pressure in my chest, lump in my throat, and upset tummy. I went to the doctor a week ago and she thinks it is GERD. So she gave me a six week supply of Protonix and it really has helped - I noticed an improvement the first day I took it. However, while I have had some really good days this past week, I've had about two days where some of the symptoms have returned. Like today I have the pressure in my chest (I almost thought I was having heart related symptoms, but I'm only 36 and lead a healthy lifestyle, plus when I joined the gym last August, they did a cardio study on me and it all came out fine). My question to you is does this sound normal? Can symptoms return after you've been on the PPIs?

The doctor said to come back before the six week period was up if I didn't get any relief - I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I'm getting really frustrated!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread