It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Dan_the_man HB User
Doctor gave me Protonix, how does it seem to work for you?

Hi all... just wondering how it is working for you. I am suffering today, but then I had a drink last night and some pizza, worst thing for me and Im paying for it today.... so I can't really judge if protonix is working so far.... I have used Nexium and it seemed to word even if I at terrible.... thanks for you replies...dano

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

mom2cole HB User
Re: Doctor gave me Protonix, how does it seem to work for you?

I have been on protonix for a couple months now and it seems to be working good. At first I was told by pharmacist to take in evening b4 eat but then we got in to GI Dr he said to take on empty stomache in morn b4 eat, that has really helped since I switched times. Good luck with feeling better-even tho take meds if eat something that is a trigger food for you, you still could have probs. I have been feeling much better until my episode this past Sat. Woke up with bad naseau and felt sick on and off all day. I think cause I had ice cream the nite before. and possibly ate some other bad stuff during the wk-wont do that again! LOL!
Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
(male)

kee4u HB User

Hi Dan I've been on Protonix for about 5 years I seldom have heartburns and if I do it's not very bad. I take my meds at night time just before I go to bed.
I use to wake up at night with chocking with acid I would take baking soda then go back to bed and in a few hours get up and do it again (At times) Then I was put on Ranitidin(?) and it really didn't help any. But I swear Protonix is a life saver and I haven't had any side affect with it.
Good luck I hope you will feel better...

Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

It worked well for me.. but I swapped to Nexium, because there is a generic form available now. Nexium works for me as well.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread