It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

jess25 HB User
PVC's and Palpatations causaaed by GERD?

Has anyone ever experienced PVC's caused from there reflux? I seem to notice a direct connection with more PVC's when I have gas on my stomach.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

Papyrus4 HB User
Re: PVC's and Palpatations causaaed by GERD?

Hi Jess,
Yes, there seems to be a connection with me too. I don't have alot of heartburn anymore, but I think I still have some esophogeal irritation. I go through spells of having alot of ectopy, and I also have really weird feelings in my chest, that I think are caused by something GI related (read my recent post titled "What might this be?"). I seem to have alot of strange epigastric feelings, along with the need to burp constantly, and I have more ectopy too.
I can't lean over to work any more without quickly developing this package of symptoms......burping, strange feelings in chest, ectopy.
I've talked to alot of people who have the same problem with ectopy and GERD. Some of their doctors have said it has nothing to do with their GERD, and other (wiser) docs have said that the vagus nerve runs alongside the esophogus and then on to the heart, and if it gets irritated, it can cause ectopy.
Of course its important to rule out any heart problems before assuming its GERD. I'm in a big flare-up of this now. I had a stress echo a couple years ago and it was fine. But dang, when this heart starts doing those flip-flops, its hard not to freak out!
I've given up caffeine and carbonated drinks and most chocolate now, trying to see if I can calm my esophogus down.
Also......I think female hormones play a big part in this weirdness too.
I am in menopause, but my ovaries are still acting up occasionally. This episode for me seemed to start when I had ovary pain a few weeks ago.
Isn't being female fun???
Sometimes I also wonder if ectopy is caused by some digestive enzymes or bile or something. About 12 years ago, I developed really bad ectopy every time I would eat dinner. And it would happen just LOOKING at the food!! Of course, I guess it could have been an increase in stomach acid or something too......but it was very weird! I could drive myself nuts trying to figure this out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
(male)

RpmRpm HB User
Re: PVC's and Palpatations causaaed by GERD?

"Of course its important to rule out any heart problems before assuming its GERD."

i got an ekg and they said my heart was all fine and normal, is that good enough to be sure? ever since i had an attack my hearts been beating wild and i get the same weird feelings in my chest and nerves...and i know it isnt anxiety because i take xanax and that calms me down, but it doesnt change the weird heart beating...im only 16 so i assume it cant be anything but its crazy how so much can happen from an attack

Closed Thread