It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

kevmos27 HB User
Help! Advice Needed So Please

hi

hope some one can help over the last 5 years i have been suffering from acid reflux meds bben on so far...... ranitadine zoton 30mg 15mg tiday have been but on NEXIUM 40MG

tests so far full bloods ph monitry test(tube down nose) and ultrasound to check for gallstones.

symptoms now
rubbling stomach, lots of belching,burping annoying wind odd occasion acid comes up

my gp said today after 5 years fancy going for an endoscope??? eekk why asl after 6 years i asked if he thought i was needed he said upto you very confused- as the ph test said i had reflux he said you have reflux- im not losing weight or nowt like that and im 33 years old

anyone on nexium is it good???

i just dont want the hassle and stress of going for an endoscope if it still comes back (oh its reflux) i was offered a fundo surgery about 3 years ago that was without even having an endoscope they said they could telll by the probe on the PH tube that i had conatant reflux yeh i say! but something is causing it what???

thanks for your responses guys & girls
kevin

Old 05-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: Help! Advice Needed So Please

Kevin, I can't really say if you need the test or not, thats best left to you and your Dr.

You have to remember that the Meds will not cure GERDS their function is to reduce the acid levels to minimize the damage when they are refluxed out of the stomach. The meds are actually detrimental to the digestive process and could cause a number of side effects and nutritional problems with long term use. IMO they are very usefull for short term protection and to allow healing to damaged tissue. But if you are ever to find a long term solution you will most likely have to figure whats at the root of the problem. Seems like every person is a little different and what works for one may not neccessarily work for everyone.

Best of luck 2 you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User
Re: Help! Advice Needed So Please

Hi, Because your ph test showed acid reflux - an endoscopy would reassure you that no internal damage has been caused in the past six years.

Closed Thread