It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

MamaPay HB User
My baby had Acid Reflux

She cried for 5 months.. I finally found out what was wrong with her at 3 months old. She had Acid Reflux! They RXed Zantac liquid form. Do you think it could flare up again when she gets older?

Mother to Sean 3yrs and Sara 16 months

Hypothyroid siince June 2000

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

Laura51 HB User
Re: My baby had Acid Reflux

Possibly it could return. However, I haven't heard of kids getting it again after they outgrew it as little ones. Just watch their diets and stay away from spicy foods and foods that are acidic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
(female)

ArwenE HB User

My daughter outgrew it by her 1st birthday. She's now 3 1/2 and has no reflux issues (but doesn't like to drink orange juice).
It's supposed to be caused by an immaturity in their stomach flaps so I would think once it is corrected, it wouldn't come back.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
(female)

marcine26 HB User

My daughter, now 6, had it pretty bad from day one. Though it took forever and many doctors to diagnose her. She was on eurythromicn, reglan, and zantac. together they worked great. the eurythromicin and reglan were because she also had and still has a delayed gastric emptying. At around 2 I stopped giving her the meds because the projectile reflux stopped, and she was old enough to (sorry sound gross) to swallow the reflux. She has had many endoscopies and colonoscopies, and these radiated barium gi things. her last endoscopy was around 2 1/2 almost 3 years old and it should to not be getting any worse, and that was with her off the meds for about 6 months.

I tell all her teachers and caregivers what to not give her to eat and drink and sometimes she will eat something, and sure enough later on, she tells me "mumma i just threw up in my mouth and it hurts" so I ask her what did you eat or drink today and there it is, pineapple, salsa, oranges, etc. she knows she cant have certain things, but things happen and she forgets and jsut wants to participate with her friends.
I tend to relieve her now with just tums or childrens pepto.
As I type this, I realize she hasnt seen her gastro dr in about 3 years, I should maybe think about another endoscopy to see if there has been any damage done.

good luck all and know that there is a light at the end of the reflux tunnel.

Closed Thread