It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

Stacey43 HB User
Question Just diagnosed with Reflux. Could you answer ?'s

Hi,

My ENT told me today that I have acid reflux, because of gagging, pain in the center of my chest, alot of throat clearing and coughing, I also feel like I have a hair stuck in my throat that I can't seem to get rid of. I feel like a cat trying to cough up a furball. I have ALOT of heartburn, everday, most of the day. Does this sound consitent to what you guys go through? Any info would be helpful.

Have a Fun and Safe weekend!!

Blessings,
Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with Reflux. Could you answer ?'s

This is pretty classic acid reflux. Many doctors diagnose without any tests--I prefer to see someone have an endoscopy to rule out other things. How are you being treated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

Stacey43 HB User

Thanks for the reply.
Right now he just told me to take a prilosec a half hour before a meal.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
(female)

slsmith1122 HB User

i had endoscopy, biopsy turned out to be barretts esophagus. start of cancer. you need to check it out.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
(female)

nova-pyrgold HB User

Hi. Stacey, I joined this message board today and have been looking at old posts regarding acid reflux. I have suffered, and I mean suffered from this for many years and mostly up until now have taken medication prescribed by my Doctor...Pariet being the most recent, I have stopped taking it and I have decided to become more proactive and deal with the problem myself by making some changes. I read recently that sometimes in fact we really don't have enough enzymes to help digest our food and is the reason we get the reflux, the acid producers go into overdrive and we get too much. I have decided to drink raw apple cider vinegar before meals, it is supposed to help with the digestion and I have to say it is helping a lot. But I also think that we have to look very carefully at what we are eating and see what triggers these episodes. I am going to start looking at some gluten free breads etc...because I know that I can't eat normal bakery goods except for pita breads, I am also thinking that milk might be one of my triggers. It becomes very problematic when there are such a lot of things that you can't eat. Do you know what gives you the most problems?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
(female)

winterj HB User

Hello - I was wondering how the gluten-free diet is going for you? I have acid reflux (LPR) and would like to make dietary changes as well.

Closed Thread