It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
(male)

nightphoenix HB User
Prevacid side effects???

Hello! I'm brand new here and just posted a message in the Lyme area, but wanted to ask a seperate question.......

I've been on Prevacid for ulcers/acid reflux for 6 weeks now...after a few weeks those pains went away, but the doc. told me to keep a "pain journal" and when I went on Prevacid within a few days I started getting new symptoms.....I call it the "heebie jeebies" or the jitters.....it feels like my muscles are contracting, or jumping about but they really aren't...no one can see it or feel it, but I can feel it. I started having other symptoms too and I just wonder if I'm having a reaction or side effect to the Prevacid? I also started getting WEIRD dreams, the first 2 weeks I was one it I had insomnia, and a few times night sweats...also alot of muscle aches and just general fatigue....and I'm not eating much again.....my doc. swears its not the Prevacid, but I'm having the side effects they admit to (yellow stool, burping, minor constipation and diarea) so why not the side effects they try to hide?

Both my parents are extremely sensitive to medication....my dad is allergic to Advil, and my mom is allergic to alot of different meds, and I'm allergic to Novacaine....anyways I honestly don't remember these jitters before I was on the Prevacid, but was fatigued and other signs of Lyme (among other things) but I just dont know...anyone have serious side effects with prevacid or other PPIs?

Any info would be greatly appreciated......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

ArwenE HB User
Re: Prevacid side effects???

I have been dizzy & sometimes feeling out of it. I started on the solutabs but when I found out there is aspartame in there I figured the dizziness etc could be because of that. Yesterday I started with regular prevacid (I open the capsules because I don't want the artificial colors).
I am a little better than I have been but I wonder if my feeling out of it has something to do with not really being able to digest my food properly without stomach acid.
At least it is working well to keep the acid at bay so hopefully I will heal & not need to take it for too much longer...we'll see after my endoscopy on Tuesday I guess...

Closed Thread