It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

mskubic HB User
Once Again

Hi

I have had on and off issues with GERD since August of 2004. I know alot of it is anxiety related having lost my 15 year son in a car accident in 2005. In October I had an endo done and the doc said he could find absolutely nothing wrong. After that my sysmpton disappeared (my only sysmptom was swallowing issues). I take big multi vitamins 2 a day plus a large glucoglatitimie (Sp) which I can ususally put all three down in one gulp of water Well two weeks ago that did not happen the pills got stuck and it was so pinful for about 30 minutes. Well ever since then my symptoms have started up again. I get anxiety just thinking about taking the vitamins in the morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

mskubic HB User
Re: Once Again

Anyone out there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

mom2cole HB User

Sorry to hear of the loss of your son and your symptons happening again. I dont have much helpful info as I am new to this Gerd thing and trying to find solutions myself right now but I do think that anxiety/stress can definitely aggravate the Gerd. I am under alot of stress lately so hard to get this under control. I am currently keeping a food log and trying to stay away from anything that I find is a trigger.

I have never had problems swallowing or something getting stuck but I have heard of this on boards before so hopefully someone can help you out soon.

Are you on any meds for the Gerd or any OTC's like gaviscon or maalox. I started the gaviscon recently and it seems to help someewhat with my morning probs if take b4 bed. I am also on protonix.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
(female)

mskubic HB User

Thanks Mom for replying

I take 1 nexium every other day. I lost my job n March so I do not have med. ins. so am trying to make the nexium last.

I am starting a new job in two weeks so as of August 1st will have my med insurance back. Its scary not having the insurance cause you never know what can happen.

Closed Thread