It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

laurietrib HB User
GERD on and off

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with GERD part of the time and other times nothing, but never really not having symptoms for any length of time be totally gone?

I seem to be fine for a week, sometimes longer, sometimes less, then I get hit with my chest hurting, burning in my throat, nausea, and sometimes stomach problems. It wakes me up at night, especially if I sleep on my side. I don't get it. I have been trying to eliminate foods, but that doesn't always work. Sometimes I can drink water and it will give me a problem and other times it won't.

Anyway, to my next question, I went to the health food store today and bought some refridgerated probiotics and apple cider vinegar. Has anyone found these to work for them? I have tried alot of the prescription medications, but they seem to make my reflux worse. The lady at the healthfood store said maybe I don't have enough acid and suggested the apple cider vinegar.

Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks, Laurie

Old 05-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

mom2cole HB User
Re: GERD on and off

Hi Laurie-
I am fairly new to the Gerd but can sympothize (sp) with you as I too feel like I can be fine and then boom hit with problems again. I tell my friends there is no rhyme or reason to it. I also have watched my diet and take protonix and sometimes gaviscon but still have on and off problems.
I recently elevated my bed and I think that is helping the symptons I started having in mornings. I now feel like I can eat or drink one thing one time and be fine then another have sickness or heartburn. Very frustrating.

Right now I have keeping a food journal and really watching what i eat and how much I eat (that also contributes to it, if you eat too much). I also try not to eat a few hrs b4 bed. I think I have been doing better but pray it will last. I also started taking probiotics everyday as heard good things about it and from people who it helped with there Gerd. I also bought Kefir and activa yougurt as heard they also are good for digestive system. I have heard alot about the apple cider vinegar but have yet to try it. My friend told me it is really good for digestion,etc.. and suggested I try it since my Gerd got worse and I have gastritis too. I may soon.

Good luck! let us know how the acv works for you.
Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread