It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

Madeleine65 HB User
Hi from Germany

Hello co-sufferers, readers,
I am a 42 year-old houseiwfe, was diagnosed with GERD in 2001,a year after having my fourth child via c-section.Since then my life healthwise has been on a roller-coaster. My symptoms are similar to those of many of the posters here,so I wont go into detail about them in this thread. My latest endoscopy in feb 2007 revealed the same diagnosis i have been having since 2001, easophagitis grade 1. Anyway, I am suffering as usual so my internist finally decided to send me for further testing. Tomorrow morning I will have the manometry and ph test. Next week I will be tested for glucose and lactose intolerance. I am hoping these tests will give me some insight as to the origin of my woes???
Btw, I had my GB out in 1995, and have been suffering from panic and anxiety for a few years.....
Will post more to let you know my results,
thanks for reading and excuse my english,
Madeleine

Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
(female)

lstek HB User
Re: Hi from Germany

Hi there. I think I may have a similar problem to yours. Here is a post I sent out this AM. I have recently begun having my back worked on by an osteopath. I have only gone twice, with no results yet....but I am tryin g to be patient.....here goes......I have had a mild case of reflux since having my daughter 3 years ago. 6 months ago I had my son....both via c-section. In the past 3 months my reflux has gone out of control...all day all night burning in the throat. My doc has tried me on 3 ppis so far...to no avail. I also have had a simultanous increase in back issues...likely from lifting a baby and toddler constantly as well as the c-section having cut my abdominal muscles. my question. Could these back problems be the cause of my extreme reflux? If so, has anyone else ever had a similar, back related reflux issue? and lastly, if you did, did fixing your back help the problem? I have heard they can be related....interconnectedness of back muscles and the diaphram.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

lstek HB User

ps--I am a 37 yr old mom with no other health issues. I am active, normal weight, non-smoker, who eats a very healthy diet. Isn't thisd thing frustrating?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Hi,

How big was your last baby? My 3rd baby who was 10.5 lbs kicked me constantly right at the bottom of my breast bone. My acid reflux really got a jump start then. Perhaps your 4 pregnancies contributed to your acid reflux. BTW it has been my lifelong dream to visit Germany. I have to stay on a fairly strict diet to keep my reflux under control so traveling is a challenge. Good luck on your tests. Fam

Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 AM   #5
(female)

Madeleine65 HB User

Hi fam,Istek,

You might be correct, my pregnancies might have contributed to my reflux.( I actually had 3, had twins with my first one ). Actually, I have ONLY experienced real heartburn during my pregnancies, during which the babies sat up high in my abdomen which led me to have them all through C-section.They were all relatively "small" babies...My twins (who will soon turn 16 btw) weighed around 4.5 lbs, my thrid was the "biggest" at 6.5 lbs and my fourth just under 6 lbs.Like I mentionned in another post, my GERD started almost a year after I had my fourth child,and THE major cause that led me not to have another baby is the heartburn pain I experience through the second and thrid trimesters.
Istek, I dont know if your back problems are Gerd-related,hope someone can answer your q. I usually have terrible back pain when I am under a lot of stress,
Madeleine

Old 06-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Hi All...Just a note, I am checking into the possibility of having a hiatal hernia. My OBGYN said that most women that have had more than one baby have one....
Not sure, but I am checking it out.
Blessings to you all!
Crazy

Closed Thread