It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Any help with digestion?

My reflux is caused by digestion problems. When I try to eat easy to digest food, no reflux, if I eat hard to digest like a small bag of potato chips or popcorn, watch out. Does anybody have any ideas (that work) on getting your digestion system back to where it was? I am now 100% sure that my acid reflux is caused by not digesting food properly. I can make it start and stop. Problem is sometimes I make it start by accident (like eating potato chips yesterday) and I pay for at least the next 3 days. I am taking probiotics but so far no effect (been only about 2 weeks). I don't think it's that gasteoperosis (spelling?) because I can eat a steak and other foods without any problem, plus I'm always hungry (no nausea etc.). If this reflux went away I'd probably put on 100 pounds.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Red60 HB User
Re: Any help with digestion?

I would recommend the following book. "MicroMiracles Discover the Healing Power of Enzymes" written by:Ellen W. Cutler. She gives very specific advice for enzymes and herbal products to help with different types of digestion problems. I've just recently got the book so I haven't started any of the enzymes at this time but I figure it's worth a shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
(male)

davids1189 HB User

I used to experience pressure over the chest after eating very frequently, like about 15 times a month. Now I rarely have such pressure by stop taking drinks with caffeine and don't eat too much at a time.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User

Don't eat the things that make it flare up. Know lots of people with digestive disorders (including myself) and you learn not to eat what bothers you. If the potato chips were greasy, that can relax the valve. Try watching how you feel after greasy food. If the popcorn has a butter (oil) or one of those flavorings for popcorn, that can be problematic. Some people don't digest popcorn itself very well. I bought a book, it has a lot of the offenders listed. I know what to watch out for now because I've been doing it for so long.

As far as getting your digestion "back to where it was", that may not be in your future if you have intolerance to some foods but you continue to eat them anyway.

Closed Thread