It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Nexium side effects

Hello everyone!

I was just given Nexium to try.
This is a free sample from the doctor's office. I don't know anything about this drug. I'd be very interested in hearing about its side effects.
My doctor has me on several BP medications, as well as Lipitor. I have experienced many adverse effects to date. I am also worried that Nexium might interact with one or more of the other medications.

The doctor is just testing the waters, so to speak. I have not had a single test done though am showing several possible symptoms. If I don't take this drug, I won't find out if it might have helped and won't be sent for testing for GI problems for sure. (He believes my beta blockers are responsible for the "symptoms".)

If the drug has some serious side effects, I will have to consider the pros and cons of taking it on a trial basis.

What are the side effects?
What are your experiences with this drug?
Has it helped you with your problem?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Flowergirl

Old 06-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User
Re: Nexium side effects

My doctor put me on Nexium after Prevacid didn't work out- it helped me, but not much. From my reading before and while I was taking the Nexium, people reported feeling worse before feeling better. And in fact, for a day or so, I myself felt worse. But it got better (for maybe a week or two).. until I ended up on antibiotics for something, and then it didn't help at all. In fact, I just read that the abx I was on can sometimes cause serious to fatal hypersensitivity to a person taking Nexium. Perhaps that's why it was hurting so bad?!

Anyway,headache, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain.. those are the typical side effects to the drug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: Nexium side effects

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Just as I thought...my "symptomps" are not as bad as the possible side-effects of this med. I've had a headache for 3 1/2 weeks now (24/7) and that's bad enough.

will hold off on taking it...

thanks a lot!

Flowergirl

Closed Thread