It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Strange Question?????

Do anybody elses symptoms worsen when wearing tight clothes? Like maybe a pair of pants with a tighter than usual waistband....
Just wondering???
Crazy

Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

Ish HB User
Re: Strange Question?????

HI !

That is not a strange question and I have wanted to ask myself! I am so glad you did!

YES!

I wear my pants as baggy as I can. My bra has to come off as soon as I get home.

Stomach ills are the pits, aren't they?

Ish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

No you're not crazy. I filled out a sheet of multiple questions when I got tested for acid reflux and a couple of them did ask if I wore tight clothing.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ish..thanks for the reply! I too usually wear my pants baggy and go as far as to wear these baggy drawstring pants as soon as I get home, I too take my bra off ASAP so that it isn't too tight either! I can't stand anything tight around my mid section. Today I just wore these shorts (because I am crazy ) and was sitting on the floor with the kids and it started and man was it uncomfortable, it went as far as becoming chest pains and acid in my throat. I have to say, this is just one more thing that makes me mad as hell!!! I could never ever explain to someone that doesn't have this awful disease how much it completely interferes with even the smallest part of your life! I just keep looking for something to make me better...
Have a great night!!
Crazy

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hi Again...what about bending over? That also can take a toll on me if I am doing it alot, especially if doing it soon after I have eaten or drank something. If I am doing alot of bending, I can actually feel the acid and burping gas move up my esophogus...
Just wondering????
Also, Alagaesia...was there a question re: bending...I have never been given a questionaire...my doctor just says that I have classic GERD.....I am so glad that this stuff can be classified as "classic"..Ha Ha
Thanks again for the reply...
Crazy

Old 06-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

Bending over, like when I am giving my kids a bath , is torture. I feel like I have a ball that is moving forward and my throat is haning down to the floor, like it's going to come out from under me. It's terrible!

I also wear loose pants, sometime I feel like a man because they are sagging in the privates so much! haha

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

When I bend over, I get a nausea-like feeling and start feeling dizzy after a few moments. Do you guys have that, too?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Thanks everyone..I have to say yet another wacked out thing about this acid reflux disease.
Flowergirl, I do sometimes get that lightheaded thing when I bend over for too long. I hate it and the pains that go with it. If I bend over too much or sit in a slouched or bent over position or too long it kills me...
My friend says that is more a symptom of hiatal herniam, I told her they all go together it seems, especially for women.

Does anyone burp after they get up from a lying down position...that is another wierd thing. It is like when I lie down the gas is trapped and when I sit up or stand it is released and I burp...just wondering about that on too.

Thanks All!!
Hoping for a great day for you all!
Crazy

Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLife414 View Post
Also, Alagaesia...was there a question re: bending...I have never been given a questionaire...my doctor just says that I have classic GERD.....I am so glad that this stuff can be classified as "classic"..Ha Ha
Thanks again for the reply...
Crazy

Hmmm, I don't remember if there was a question about that.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I hate when I have to bend over.. it kills me, especially if I have eaten in the last hour. As for tight clothes, I find wearing the low-rise pants help tremendously. That way I can get them to fit properly on my hips/legs, but they don't push in on my stomach. Normal wasted pants dig in and bother my stomach.

Closed Thread