It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

lightitup81 HB User
Causes of Gastritis ?

Ok so I know acid reflux, aspirin related meds, stress can cause gastritis.
what else ?

can food allergies do that ?

how does one find out if one has any food allergy ?

thanks

Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

mom2cole HB User
Re: Causes of Gastritis ?

Good questions, I just found out I have gastritis after the endoscopy done because of my severe acid reflux. Do you have gastritis? If so, how is it being treated? My Dr really didnt say much about it and just kept me on the protonix for the reflux.
Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

snowflake11 HB User

hi lightup - funny, i just posted in another thread that you might consider looking into food allergies. you can go to an allergist and get tested, but it's not always reliable. or you can do a food rotation/elimination diet on your own to try and find a corresponding trigger. Look on the internet and do a search about food allergies - it will tell you how. there is tons of stuff out there. its worth a look into.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
(male)

lightitup81 HB User

ill check it out.. thanks

Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
(male)

lightitup81 HB User

Stacy, unfortunately most doctors dont try to eliminate the original problem. they just give u meds to try to cover it up

Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
(male)

sgtbrk HB User

Hey everyone,
Something else can cause reflux problems. I have been doing research on my own, because doctors just treat what's infront of them. So you have acid reflux.(me too) I recently found out that I have gallbladder issues. Gallbladder causes gas and the buildup of pressure pushes acid into your esophagus. I have also found that many people have gallbladder problems, but do not realize because symptoms are very mild, but still cause gas and acid reflux. I just thought I would mention another possibility for the acid reflux, because some of the doctors just treat symptoms and don't look for cause. At least that has been my experience.

Gastritus can be caused by, too much aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids,potassium supplements, iron tablets, stress, chronic vomiting.etc....... Hope you get well soon.....

sgtbrk

Last edited by sgtbrk; 06-12-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added some info, removed incorrect stat

Old 06-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User

What does gastritis look like? I had erosions when scoped. Why won't the ppi's heal gastritis so well, when they are so effective for ulcers?
Anyone?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
(male)

lightitup81 HB User

Hmm thats very interesting. I think im gonna get my gall bladder checked then.. I hope you feel better also.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User

Quote:
Stacy, unfortunately most doctors dont try to eliminate the original problem. they just give u meds to try to cover it up
SO true!

I am in school now to pursue a career in the medical field and I look forward to being one who tries to identify and treat ROOT causes rather than symptoms, which are merely outward manifestations of inner dis-ease.

I have had gastritis too, a lot! In my case, it has been due to my diet and to my consumption of alcohol. I like to drink beer a lot, but uh, my stomach has probs with it!

Gastritis is merely inflammation of the lining of the stomach. This can be caused by eating foods that do not agree with us (and this can be a really individual thing).

Closed Thread