It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
(male)

lightitup81 HB User
Angry Why do gastroenterologists have such bad bedside manner ?

Ive been to two. Both keep stuffing PPI's . They don't try to figure out the root of the problem. They make it look like acid reflux is nothing to worry about. Ive been suffering for 8 months now and I am truly miserable.

All they saw on me was minor gastritis. But I feel like crap all day.

I start the day with nausea no matter what i eat. Later on I pick up a headache and burning feeling in throat. Its affecting my relationships, my work, im always cranky. All cat scans are normal.

I am truly lost. I have tried figuring out my diet. Does not matter.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
(male)

buildingmaint HB User
Re: Why do gastroenterologists have such bad bedside manner ?

I've been to four and they all just pushed PPI'S .None seemed to want to know why I had such bad GERD or want to know . It was just" If one doesn't work take two. And when I asked them why the drug maker says ,right on the package not to take them for an extended period of time. I just got the run around. I don't think they know how to fix GERD , they just know how to mask the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Re: Why do gastroenterologists have such bad bedside manner ?

i've been to 4 as well and no relief. They just switch the PPI's as if that has not been tried yet. Then they tell me to try Zantac..."Are you for real" Like that is going to work, like wow, i never thought to try over the counter Zantac!!! I have tried ever drug on the market, why not figure out whats wrong with me before drugging me up. I'm so fed up too! Then they just give up and basically act like well it's in your head or your a lost cause! Ugh!

Closed Thread