It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

bittygirl HB User
H-pylori- can it come back?

Has anyone ever had H-pylori? I had it several years ago, guess I picked it up at the food buffet. It was terrible and the antiobic treatment was even worse (14 pills a day for 2 weeks). Anyway after my first treatment I got the h-pylori erradicated. From what I understand it is not suppose to come back, but I am unclear if I can ever get it again. After the h-pylori was gone I was left with GERD for a long time. Then I started taking medicne for my thyroid and I havent had it since. both my boyfriend and I ate at subway the other night and we both have slowy gotten what feels like really bad GERD. It really feels like h-pylori,(symptoms- upper stomache pain really bad with girggling, gas bloating, acid and the feeling of throwing up. Is it possible that I can have h-pylori again? does anyone know? I do know its contaigious if you kiss your partner or in sneezes or coughs dropplets.
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
(female)

*DottieGirl* HB User
Re: H-pylori- can it come back?

You can certainly get it back again. H. Pylori is an infection. You were probably taking Prev-Pac. It's reoccuring you need to get another blood test or do that antibiotic treatment all over again. Depending on how bad you had the H.Pylori, it's hard to get rid of. In my thread above, I mentioned baking soda. I take that almost everytime after I eat because fermentation makes the H. Pylori spread, and baking soda puts a stop to that process. H.Pylori also causes acid reflux. Try taking 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda every morning and evening, or just when you have an upset stomach. I may have to take antibiotics again, hope not. I don't know if you can get it from kissing. I know you can most definitely get it from food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread