It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Constant Burning Stomach

I've had a burning in my stomach that is there 24/7 and will not go away.
I've stopped eating solid foods since this started about 2 1/2 to three years ago. I mostly eat very soft mushy foods because food gets stuck in my esophagus and I panic and am afraid for my life now that I'll never be able to eat solid foods again.
I dont' eat spicy foods, I eat very bland, plain foods and lots of dairy sometimes seems to help the burning, sometimes...
I have this burning that sits around my belly button area and just above it.
I go through about a bottle of Gaviscon a day and it helps the burning go away just for a few minutes then its back again.
I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy when this all first started way back and the gastroenterologist didn't see anything except for mild colitis.
He's given me prevacid dissolvables before but they don't help the burning.
I have fluctuating diarreah one day and constipation the next.
I had an ultrasound and my gallbladder couldn't be found, the doctor said either I was born without one or it had contracted possible up underneath my liver. Well a hida scan proved I did have a gallbladder and it was filling up too slowly. I had a catscan but was allergic to the contrast drink, it was like sour crystal light lemonade, I refused to do a barium swallow because I have trouble swallowing already and I told the doctor I really didn't think I could swallow that thick drink so I couldn't do that.
Right now I'm out of insurance and can't afford the $70 copay plus any testing is even more if the doctor wants bloodwork or any other testing done.
I don't know what to do.
I feel in my opinion that it may be my gallbladder but I am scared about these burning feelings in my stomach. I am scared I have severely damaged my stomach and possibly my esophagus. I wake up in the morning sometimes and my throat is super dry and the back of my throat is always red but I thougth maybe that is from constant sinus drainage. I don't feel any burning come up in my throat like acid reflux or anything but I still fear Barretts from silent reflux if I possibly have that. I just don't know.
Can someone relate? Any advice?
Thank you so much in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread