It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

lizzylu HB User
Probiotics making my stomach burn

I've been having reflux/esophegus irritation for months now. Was on Protonix which seemed to help somewhat. My perscription ran out and I decided to go the natual route. So I bought some probiotics w/ acidophilus from GNC. It says to take 2 with a glass of water before each meal. Well, I did and after I ate I started getting stomach cramps and burning for the rest of the evening. Obviously it was doing something, but is this ok. I'm afraid to take them today, but I wanna see if they help. Has anyone else had this experience wuth the burnng crampy stomach? Should i keep taking them? Help please.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Probiotics making my stomach burn

I've had stomach problems taking probiotics. Especially when I was eating that Activa yogurt. I did read that if this is happening it means it working but your taking to much. It says to cut down on the amount taken.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

Interesting... I've been on Protonix since the end of June. However in the last few week or so, I've been having more upper GI issues. I had started wondering if I have taken it too long, since my diet really hasn't changed? But I did up my dose of probiotics, since I have Lyme and wasn't sure with the antibiotics I take, if I was taking enough of them (I mostly just take chewables, though). I'll cut down and see if that helps.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

I have been told the same thing as Neddy...I had a similiar problem and the nutritionist said to take a lower dose. Also said that the pain is sign that they are working. Didn't make me too happy since stomach pain to me is really not a good thing considering I have dealt with it most of my life.
Take Care of you!!!
Crazy

Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
(female)

lizzylu HB User

I've been taking one pill instead of 2 with not much burning. I'll just work my way up to the suggested dosage. I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I'm acting like my old happy joking around personality. I pray that this is actually working.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
(female)

nataliachick7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylu View Post
I've been having reflux/esophegus irritation for months now. Was on Protonix which seemed to help somewhat. My perscription ran out and I decided to go the natual route. So I bought some probiotics w/ acidophilus from GNC. It says to take 2 with a glass of water before each meal. Well, I did and after I ate I started getting stomach cramps and burning for the rest of the evening. Obviously it was doing something, but is this ok. I'm afraid to take them today, but I wanna see if they help. Has anyone else had this experience wuth the burnng crampy stomach? Should i keep taking them? Help please.
youre supposed to start with a lower dose and work your way up to the recommended dose.

Closed Thread